Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lance Armstrong's md to testify...

dude

id love to know what he says but i work so much i cant keep up with the news , if you hear what he says ,it would be great if you posted about it

I heard of the seizure of one teams gear during the Tour de France a couple years ago, it was insane what the were taking. I'd like to hear what this guy has to say.

This could get ugly! Ferrari is Armstrong's advisor on various training issues. This alone is suspect as Armstrong has his own coach, Chris Carmichael. What does Ferrari have access to that Carmichael doesn't? Ferrari doesn't have much that can implicate Armstrong anyway. He has no documents that say "on X day Armstong was injected with X amount of X substance." He does have journals with info about some of Armstrong's former teammates and a few people have said they substituted the teammate's name for Lance! But that ex-teammate, Kevin Livingston, has said that he was client of Ferrari's and his name wasn't substitued for Armstrong. Livingston is now on the German Telekom team of Jan Ullrich-who is Armstrong's arch rival in the Tour!!

The plot thickens!!

They should call him Teflon Tex. They did all kinds of tests on him the past 3 seasons (Tour leaders are subject to daily controls) and all have comeback negative. It is well know that Armstrong religiously sleeps in an altitude chamber (which can have the same blood boosting effect as EPO). Ferrari can say Armstrong did X, but he'll have no evidence to back it up...and Armstrong will quite paying him a ridiculous amount of money for his advice!

Cycling is all about power-weight ratio. Armstrong was 170 before cancer. Now you have to understand Armstrong is and was a incredibly driven genetic aerobic freak of nature with a huge VOMax. Before cancer he was bad ass, but wasn't going to win the Tour-he was too heavy. He was a swimmer/triathlete as a kid and had a big upper body (for a cyclist). Chemo and cancer trimmed off 20 lbs and he regained his aerobic conditioning, but since he was lighter he could climb the high mountains much faster. He got crazy with his diet as well (he weighs his food and calculates calories fat carbs protein etc. to the T and he never takes in more than he expends) and did really well in 1998 Worlds and Tour of Spain (similar in length to Tour of France). Voila - Over the 98/99 winter his new manager convinced him he could win the Tour and so he focused everything on that. There's plenty of stuff pointing to his success.

But here's the word straight from Europe: everybody does stuff. Its like an arms race-if one of the top guys takes one thing all the other guys try it. So it's not like anyone ever has the advantage. I've raced for awhile and know a few guys who race for various teams in Europe. Last time I was home I met a few guys to go ridin and we discussed the issue. Pretty crazy.

But what is doping? Cycling is a tightly controlled sport. Guys have gotten 6 month suspensions and stripped of national titles for taking Sudafed. Prohormones are classed with AS and the punishment for taking them is the same-6 month suspension (it doesn't matter to them if it is anavar or AST Andro 250!). It is a ridiculously hard sport sometimes and riders need AS and EPO to recover. In the 2000 Tour there was a stage that took the winner 7 hrs and the stragglers 8hrs and they covered 7 mountain passes-FUCK! These guys don't do this for fun, they do it for the almighty Euro. Hell they don't go to college over there. You either make 60K a year for a few years (if you're lucky) as a cyclist or you work for an eternity in a truck factory and scrape by. Hell I'd do all the performance enhancing drug I could to keep racing and winning if those were my choices!

My .02

its gonna be delicious....ehehehe makes me wonder when Coleman's personal trainer will have to testify ... :)

This guy's testemony will not affect Lance. Ferrari was involved with the EPO scandel a couple of years back. However, he knows a lot about the uptake of oxygen in the body and Lance used his knowledge to figure out some high altitude training techniques. Thats' why Lance kicks ass in the mountains.

If Ferrari is made to look like an ass, Lance will drop him in a heartbeat.

Throw in Lance's pedal speed and the 20 pounds he lost from cancer...he too quick for everyone.

Sadly, the Tour de France was changed for next year. The mountain stages are at the end and the climbers are going to have to make up too much time.

So what did Ferrari say?

Either way, I don't think it undermines the fact that Armstrong took 3 Tours in a row. I mean, anyone in the pro circuit can get juiced if they want. Armstrong still out-trains, out-diets, and therefore out-rides every one of them.

Top Bottom