Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Jumping Higher

vert

From my experience squats are good for overall strength, but won't necessarily give you too much on your vert unless your legs are very weak to begin with. They are still good to do along with agility and jumping drills.

Try doing these drills twice a week. I used to do them after my workouts because they would hurt even more. Find yourself something like a box, about a foot and a half to 2 feet high. Jump up and down from the box, both feet at the same time (keep your feet together). Do this for about 30 seconds.

Then find yourself some stairs. Keep both feet together and jump up the stairs, land on every other step and go up as quickly as possible. Don't take time between jumps to get your breath. You want to work on your explosiveness (fast twitch muscle fibers which will make you jump higher, run faster). I did these in a football stadium and would end up jumping up about 20 times before coming back down. On the way down jump on every step instead of skipping steps. Work on your quickness.

Next you will be going up the stairs as if you are running. Try and make a full sprint going up the stairs, jumping 2 to 3 steps each time, depending on your abilities. On the way down take very quick steps, stepping on every step.

Next you will be on a flat surface. With your feet together you jump in a zig zagging pattern. Try and be quick. Work on your agility hopping back and forth.

Last I would do some hurdler type running. What I mean by this is you kind of jog for 50 yards, but on every step when you lift your leg you want to jump and have that leg lift you up as high as possible. Not sure how to explain it well.

If you want you can also jump up and down very quickly touching the backboard each time for 30 seconds.

This workout is HARD. You will be very winded and you legs will probably be sore. You might want to start off doing it once a week, moving up to twice a week when your body starts to get used to it. Good luck!

Jumping rope . . .

If you have the strength already in tghe squat, you can use plyometrics. Jumping rope helps, but the act of refining your technique will help also.

Top Bottom