Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Indiana University men's basketball

• Thread starter Thread starter Citruscide
  • Start date Start date
Citruscide said:
Let's not forget other IU Athletics... IU Soccer is a nationally ranked team and a force to be reckoned with! They have won a few national titles themselves! :)

C-ditty

C,

No doubt that would help. Running into an alumnus I mean. I never knew there soccer team was that legit. I was never a fan of soccer honestly. I went to a bunch of games when I was in Europe. 100k watching the game, everyone disgraced. Fun times. Those people take that game serious like it's life threatening.
You guys getting into that gym and hooping it up for a minute is awesome. I can't say that I ever had that opportunity. I'm jealous. were the rims soft? They always looked hard as a brick on tv?

Wow... IU Not able to contend with other Top 10 teams? I think IU can beat Duke, Kansas, definately Florida after seeing them lose to WVU yesterday. IU has beat 3 ranked teams already... Virginia, Gonzaga, and now Maryland.

I think IU has a great team together... with Bracey Wright and Marshall Strickland (that's right, related to the GREAT Rod Strickland). I think IU will win the Big 10... their contention will be with MSU and possibly Illinois.

The ACC is going to be really tough this year... the Big 10 is going to be really weak.. I don't know if 6 teams from the B10 will make it this year to the show. IU, MSU, ILL... then maybe OSU, Iowa... but after that, I'm not sure anyone else will step up...

Either way, it was an awesome game. IU has heart in Coverdale... he makes that team beat.

C-ditty

Re: Re: Re: Indiana University men's basketball

Hoopsdaddy135 said:

Are you kidding? Maryland does not look tough at all this year. I'm a big fan, but this year is not our year again.

Both teams had exactly 60 shots each last night. Maryland made 30, Indiana made 21. So why did IU win? 25 fucking fouls called on Maryland. Indiana made 31/38 foul shots. We GAVE them 30+ points. And Maryland really needs to look at that defensive breakdown. NO team should lose shooting 50% from the floor, that's just pathetic.

But in my opinion both teams are highly overrated and both teams last night cannot contend with other Top 10 Teams.

Maryland does not have balanced scoring anymore. Blake stepped up last night, Nicholas did not. Randle/Holden are not true big men. Randle's moves look akward, and I expect him to get shut down a lot when we play a better defense. But last year Maryland scored 80-90 points every game. This year will be around 60-70. Completely different change of offense.

But after all Maryland's fouls, mistakes, and everything they had a chance to win it on OT. But this year we really have no one to go to. No Juan Dixon...yet.

But look for an amazing team in '05. When these freshmen are seniors, and we have the recruiting class from that National Championship as juniors.

Maryland and IU are both great defensive teams. Of course the scoring is going to be low and there will be fouls.

IU not in the top ten? Please...now you must be kidding.

Dude, Indiana taking down Duke again. Not in this lifetime.

BDog- Maryland did not play good defense last night. I saw 25 personal fouls. Are you telling me a good defense sends the other team to the line to rack up 30+ points on you while the clock is stopped? Indiana is normally a very good defensive team, and I don't think they were at their best last night, until the time they needed to be. Neither team turned it over that much at all.

Citrus- Yeah I think you're right. IU will rack up a lot of wins over much weaker Big 10 Teams. But no doubt Illinois will win that conference. That was a sick game last night against NC. Made them look like a high school team.

Maryland didn't play good defense? They kept IU's tremendious 3-point game under wraps for the most part. You didn't get much evidence of Marylands good defense because of IU's 3 turnovers the entire game. Maryland has played 3 opponents and had 27 turnovers per game against them, I don't think they were ready for an opponent like IU.

IU vs. Duke this year... IU wins...

C-ditty

Nick Caner-Medley from Maryland went to high school at a place 10 minutes from where I work. I worked some of his tournaments as a trainer.

He's going to be pretty good with a little game time under his belt.

Yeah, it was a good, very entertaining game-I wouldn't consider it a 'classic' in that sense- maybe for I.U. it was. The Maryland/Duke Games of 2 years ago, now those were classics!
Maryland's D was decent in the first half, but it was more due to the fact that the Hoosiers didn't make the shots. Both are Top 20 Caliber teams. It was a good learning experience for Maryland's young players early in the season. They won't blow that lead later in the year, I will assure you.

Top Bottom