Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Indiana University men's basketball

• Thread starter Thread starter Citruscide
  • Start date Start date
C

Citruscide

Now, just because I went there... and was part of their excellant athletic department... doesn't mean that I am in any way favortist toward IU... well... ok, it does. :)

The game last night vs. Maryland was one of the best I've seen in a long fucking time. If you can catch it on reply, or see some highlights, it was definately the best this year... the best IU game since they beat Duke in the Sweet 16 last year.

Getting to OT and then winning... it was just classic... classic

C-ditty

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/index

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MORNING HMM. DO YOU RELIZE WHAT I HAVE BEEN THREW THIS MORNING, ITS LIKE YOU DON'T EVEN CARE ANYMORE, ARE YOU SEEING SOMEONE ELSE? "SNIFFLE" IM NOT CRYING I HAVE A COLD AND IT MAKES MY EYES WATER.

Been through??? LOL Are the nerds picking on you again? :)

C-ditty

Citruscide said:
Now, just because I went there... and was part of their excellant athletic department... doesn't mean that I am in any way favortist toward IU... well... ok, it does. :)

The game last night vs. Maryland was one of the best I've seen in a long fucking time. If you can catch it on reply, or see some highlights, it was definately the best this year... the best IU game since they beat Duke in the Sweet 16 last year.

Getting to OT and then winning... it was just classic... classic

C-ditty

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/index

Yeah great game and a big fan here. Maryland looks really tough this year. I doubt IU could have pulled it off if Taj Holden hadn't fouled out early in the game. What with Bracy Wright and Hornsby going cold on the perimeter. Good thing Coverdale kept his head in the game, he won it for them.

By the way that half court shot by blake was pretty amazing.

GO HOOSIERS!!

Citrus,
What did you contribute to IU? They have a great tradition and to be a part of it is something special.

Playing basketball @ Indiana is like playing football @ Notre Dame. Even if there team isn't the best @ the end of a year, they still have national attention. The name is bar none. Enough for Indian. I await the answer.

PolishHammer1977 said:
Citrus,
What did you contribute to IU? They have a great tradition and to be a part of it is something special.

Playing basketball @ Indiana is like playing football @ Notre Dame. Even if there team isn't the best @ the end of a year, they still have national attention. The name is bar none. Enough for Indian. I await the answer.

Hey PH... how are you doing? First and foremost, I obtained my undergraduate degree from IU... it is probably one of my highest accomplishments, and is framed and on my wall (that with my law degre)...

If you are asking what I contributed to the IU Athletics... I was on the Varsity Track and Field team. My main event was the high jump, and I competed in the 4 x 100 on rare occasions. I've posted this many times in the past... also, you should ask what IU has contributed to me... not only did I get a great education AND athletic experience, but IU also paid for around 85% of it.

C-ditty

Citruscide said:
not only did I get a great education AND athletic experience, but IU also paid for around 85% of it.

C-ditty

Citrus,

Doing well brother, thank you. 85% huh, it's worth it though. The place has such high accredation, any money you make in return will soon double and triple the previous costs.

You must have been in some sick shape doing t&F. Did you ever sneak into any Bobby Knight practices or did he throw a chair @ you? lol. Crazy, crazy man.

Oh yea, thanx for sharing.

PolishHammer1977 said:

Citrus,

Doing well brother, thank you. 85% huh, it's worth it though. The place has such high accredation, any money you make in return will soon double and triple the previous costs.

You must have been in some sick shape doing t&F. Did you ever sneak into any Bobby Knight practices or did he throw a chair @ you? lol. Crazy, crazy man.

Oh yea, thanx for sharing.

Never snuck into the practice... however, me and other athletes (baseball guys) went into Assembly Hall and each hit a 3, free throw and a dunk. So we can say that we have done all three. :)

so far, my degree hasn't produced me any money... I'm sure if I happen to run into an IU Alum during a hiring process, it'll be a big help though.

Let's not forget other IU Athletics... IU Soccer is a nationally ranked team and a force to be reckoned with! They have won a few national titles themselves! :)

C-ditty

Re: Re: Indiana University men's basketball

bdog527 said:
Maryland looks really tough this year

Are you kidding? Maryland does not look tough at all this year. I'm a big fan, but this year is not our year again.

Both teams had exactly 60 shots each last night. Maryland made 30, Indiana made 21. So why did IU win? 25 fucking fouls called on Maryland. Indiana made 31/38 foul shots. We GAVE them 30+ points. And Maryland really needs to look at that defensive breakdown. NO team should lose shooting 50% from the floor, that's just pathetic.

But in my opinion both teams are highly overrated and both teams last night cannot contend with other Top 10 Teams.

Maryland does not have balanced scoring anymore. Blake stepped up last night, Nicholas did not. Randle/Holden are not true big men. Randle's moves look akward, and I expect him to get shut down a lot when we play a better defense. But last year Maryland scored 80-90 points every game. This year will be around 60-70. Completely different change of offense.

But after all Maryland's fouls, mistakes, and everything they had a chance to win it on OT. But this year we really have no one to go to. No Juan Dixon...yet.

But look for an amazing team in '05. When these freshmen are seniors, and we have the recruiting class from that National Championship as juniors.

Top Bottom