Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

improving my 40 yard dash

1. What exercises can I do to lower my 40 yard dash?

2. Will continually building up my leg muscles (quads,hams,calves) help increase my speed?

3. What type of routine will best help out my speed. ie, strength routine, endurance routine, hypertrophy routine?

4. Any good sites you can direct me too on this subject?

Any other info regarding this topic? I'm new to serious sprinting.
Appreciate your assistance guys.

if you are looking to gain speed over 40 yards, then just do 40 yard sprints.....squats, cleans and deadlifts will help with explosive power which goes hand in hand with sprinting, but i am a firm believer in the saying 'to get good at something, do that something' aka you wont improve your 100 metre time by just squating.....you have to put in alot of hard work out on the track............

good luck suckaaaaaa!

You should hop over to Charlie Francis forum and ask there - can't think of a better person to ask!

He's the trainer of quite a few Elite sprinters - such as Ben Johnson.

In any case, when it comes to accleration, functional muscle mass is a huge help. Even though you will weigh more, your power increases exponentially.

The sprinters at my college work on their first 10m a lot to get that starting speed and then they sprint the event they are going to do + 50-100m so if you were going to do the 40 try doing a few 100m sprints and then go to 40's. Best lifts are clean and jerk, squats, and calf work.

CoolColJ said:
You should hop over to Charlie Francis forum and ask there - can't think of a better person to ask!

He's the trainer of quite a few Elite sprinters - such as Ben Johnson.

In any case, when it comes to accleration, functional muscle mass is a huge help. Even though you will weigh more, your power increases exponentially.

What is that site?

Top Bottom