Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I like this Ferraro Lady, seems like a straight shooter

-SD-

EXT ELITE ROB
Chairman Member
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- An unapologetic Geraldine Ferraro said Wednesday that her comments about the impact of Barack Obama's race on the electorate were taken out of context, and she stands by her words.

Comments by former Rep. Geraldine Ferraro are drawing criticism from the Obama campaign.

Ferraro stirred controversy with her recent remarks that Obama's campaign was successful because he was black.

"It wasn't a racist comment, it was a statement of fact," she said on CBS' "The Early Show," adding that she would leave Hillary Clinton's national finance committee if she were asked, but would not stop raising money for the New York senator's presidential bid.

She also blamed Obama's chief strategist, David Axelrod, for misinterpreting her remarks.

Ferraro also told ABC's "Good Morning America" that "every time" someone makes a negative comment about Obama, they are accused of racism. Watch Ferraro's interview »

Late Tuesday, she told interviewer that she felt she was being attacked because she was white.

"Any time anybody does anything that in any way pulls this campaign down and says let's address reality and the problems we're facing in this world, you're accused of being racist, so you have to shut up," she told the Daily Breeze of Torrance, California. "Racism works in two different directions. I really think they're attacking me because I'm white. How's that?"

Don't Miss
Ferraro cites race in backlash
Obama increases lead in delegate count
Election Center 2008
In another interview Tuesday, Ferraro compared Obama's situation with her own 24 years ago, when she was the first female candidate for vice president.

She told a Fox News interviewer: "I got up and the question was asked, 'Why do you think Barack Obama is in the place he is today?'

"I said in large measure, because he is black. I said, Let me also say in 1984 -- and if I have said it once, I have said it 20, 60, 100 times -- in 1984, if my name was Gerard Ferraro instead of Geraldine Ferraro, I would never have been the nominee for vice president," she said.

In her first interview with Daily Breeze, published late last week, Ferraro said: "If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position. And if he was a woman, he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept," Ferraro told the newspaper. She also said Hillary Clinton had been the victim of a "sexist media."

Obama himself has called the comments "patently absurd," and his chief strategist, David Axelrod, has called for Clinton to cut ties with the former New York congresswoman, who serves on her campaign's finance committee.

Clinton has said that she does not agree with Ferraro's remarks.

Clinton campaign spokesman Mo Eleithee told CNN's Sasha Johnson Tuesday evening that "Ms. Ferraro is speaking for herself. We have made clear that we do not agree with her remarks."

This is not the first time Ferraro has made a racially sensitive remark about a black presidential candidate.

In an April 15, 1988 article in The Washington Post, Ferraro is quoted as saying that because of his "radical" views, "if Jesse Jackson were not black, he wouldn't be in the race."

Jackson is quoted in the article as saying, "We campaigned across the South . . . without a single catcall or boo. It was not until we got north to New York that we began to hear this from ... President Reagan and then Mrs. Ferraro . . . . Some people are making hysteria while I'm making history." The Post said in that 1988 article that Reagan suggested people did not ask Jackson tough questions because of his race.

Former congresswoman Ferraro is the latest Clinton surrogate to launch a firestorm with comments that related to Obama's heritage or ethnicity. Watch a panel discuss Ferraro's comments »

Black leaders sharply criticized Clinton's husband, former President Clinton, for comments he made before the South Carolina primary, including comparing Obama's campaign with the Rev. Jesse Jackson's 1984 run.

Former Nebraska Sen. Bob Kerrey, a major Clinton backer, said several times that an Obama presidency would improve the world's image of the United States because of the Illinois senator's Muslim roots.

Obama, who is Christian, said Kerrey's comments were intended to highlight Obama's Muslim heritage in voters' minds.

Shortly before the Texas primary, 84-year-old Clinton supporter Adelfa Callejo told CBS 11 News in Dallas, Texas, that Obama would have trouble attracting Latino support because he was African-American.

"When blacks had the numbers, they didn't do anything to support us," Callejo said. "They always used our numbers to fulfill their goals and objectives, but they never really supported us, and there's a lot of hard feelings about that. I don't think we're going to get over it anytime soon."

Last month, when Clinton was asked whether she would reject and denounce Callejo's remarks, she said, "People get to express their opinions," adding that "a lot of folks have said really unpleasant things about me over the course of this campaign."

Later, her campaign released a statement saying that she had been unaware of the substance of the remarks during that interview and both denounced and rejected them.

Obama has faced his own headaches. Foreign policy adviser Samantha Power ended her connection with his campaign last week after telling a Scottish interviewer that Clinton was a "monster."

Power also made remarks about Obama's Iraq war policy that were used by the Clinton campaign in recent attacks. E

she's a racist - an exagerrated stereotype of old-time Italians from brooklyn (p.s. I'm italian). Fear the Moolies. (my paisan's will know what that means)

she said the same exact thing about jesse jackson when he ran.

she's being used as a surrogate by the win-at-any-cost Clinton's to stir up the racial divide to grab the Pennsylvania white blue collar vote.

To quote Wu tang...

"The Wu is comin thru, the outcome is critical
Fuckin wit my style, is sort of like a Miracle
on 34th Street, in the Square of Herald
I gamed Ella, the bitch caught a fit like Geral--
..dine Ferraro, who's full of sorrow
Cuz the hoe didn't win but the sun will still come out tomorrow"

Got to admit, she is correct. If Obama was white, he wouldn't have made it this far.

She is right. God forbid anyone say anything like that. I know the black community would never say anything like that.

she may have been right with jessie jackson, but obama is one smart dude - and many less experienced white guys(and women) have run and been considered credible.

who could possibly have been be less quealified than Bush when he ran in 2000?

Top Bottom