Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I have a question regarding bromocriptine

spiralle

Hello all!

I am new here and would very much love to hear your point of view on the following:

I was wondering if someone could help me. Here is the issue:

I take Parlodel (made by Meda here in France) for high prolactin levels.

I live in France and before Parlodel I took generic Bromocriptine called Bromokin Gé also French. The latter was not effective at all in lowering my levels.

Then in between I visited family in India where I took an Indian generic brand bromocriptine. At the end of the month there I took a blood test and my prolactin levels had fallen to normal!

In France, both the Parlodel and the generic BromoKin Gé were and are useless.

The Indian generic, was excellent:(this is not an advert for it; just clarifying)

I had more energy, more stamina , no more water weight, easier weight lifting, no more sore breasts and easy loss of the excess weight I had due to the prolactin (not much around 8 pounds).

I also used 3/4 less of the pill quantity per day while using the Indian generic.

Oh yes, and the hair stopped falling!

I brought some back to use in France and then had to take Parlodel when my stock had finished. I then had my levels tested and sure enough, after using Parlodel only for over a month the levels were back up to more than above normal.

So I wanted to know if anyone has had this experience with different bromocriptines and might have an explanation for why this may be.

Is there anyone who can recommend an effective bromocriptine whether generic or not? or should I just forget about bromocriptine and change to cabergoline?

I thought I might ask the question here because everyone seems really experienced.

Any help would be very appreciated. It is so frustrating having to take huge doses (yes the doc said to take more if one 2.5mg pill is not effective. I take 10mg a day without results and stuffed nose all day!). And needless to say, I feel awful.

Sorry for the long post.

Last edited:
I wish I could help but half of the words I just read sound like types of dinosaurs!! Lmao!! Everyone is great here and someone with way more experience than me will come along and help! Good luck!! Ggggrrrr!!!'

Ha ha ha!! You made me laugh out loud! Thanks a ton Jennifer!

I didn't know how to make it easier to understand.

So let me try:

Actually the question is: which 'bromocriptines' are effective?

The ones in France are not; my blood tests say they are not good. Not effective for high prolactin levels.

The ones I have tried by accident and out of necessity in India are good. Very good.

Is the Parlodel by Novartis effective?

If anyone can help?

I'm trying to bump this post to the top...I have no clue how to help but was wondering if anyone else could help we out!??

Also, are you male or female? Age? Training history?

How high was the prl? How long did you take the bromocriptine? Was it prescribed to you or did you pick it up yourself?

These things will all help give you an accurate answer

Hi, here are the details:

Prolactin high: due to severe longterm hypothyroidism with infertily, etc. diagnosed recently a year ago after a hell of 20 years! Some weight gain.

My doc prescribes Parlodel by Meda Laboratories: doesn't work. Levels still high. Thinking about testing Novartis Parlodel.

I am female, 40. Just restarting weight lifting (light) as my health improves. taking it slowly. Always ate well and still do. Have allergies to some foods.

Was a long distance runner and later sprinter. Loved it but had to stop due to worsening health.

Thanks all for your kind help.. really appreciate it.

ps: will find the exact number for prolactin...and put it up

Last edited:
Fitness Gemini

Thank you for that superb write up! I had looked into Prami because it was mentioned so often by those in the know.. and those who have taken it.

My doctor is soooo close-minded. I had asked her to increase the useless bromo I use. That was a battle in itself!

Then I asked her about Dostinex..cabergoline instead of the bromo... she said: what's that?

Um, ok.

Then she saw I had put on ten pounds. She thinks I spend my days stuffing my face!

I asked her how could it be? ten pounds in two months?

The only change was the fact that I had started the useless bromo and stopped the effective bromo! lower prolactin for me equals health and higher prolactin equals ill health and therefore weight gain and other hormonal distresses.

I am thinking of getting Prami on my own. without a prescription via internet.

My prolactin levels are at 28. our high end normal levels on the blood test report are at 30!! that is wayyyy too much.

The real normal according to a wonderful endo I know in another country, should be around 3 for us women.

Does anyone disagree on this? any opinions?

Top Bottom