Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How convienent!! Ed McMahon files a lawsuit..

Arabian said:
My Grandmother had Alzgenimers in the 1980's and the doctors had no clue what it was. She coould not remember me, my mother or even remember her name in the end,,,,,

My grandfather passed away earlier this year with it....he became violent...I dont ever want anybody to remember me that way.

That's why we need tort reform.

1) Loser pays. Always, non-negotiable.

2) When you file, you must specify damage amounts. No more of this "unspecified" damages where you just go on a fishing expedition to see what you can catch.

3) When you file, you must post a bond for 10% of the amount you are suing for. Many people won't have the cash up-front, but an industry would spring-up overnight for underwriting good cases. If they lose, the winner's cost reimbursement come from the 10% bond first.

See, its not that hard. But we'll never get it done because the legal lobby has a firm grip on all branches of government.

I guess i can stop waiting on that check from publishers clearing house

mrplunkey said:
That's why we need tort reform.

1) Loser pays. Always, non-negotiable.

2) When you file, you must specify damage amounts. No more of this "unspecified" damages where you just go on a fishing expedition to see what you can catch.

3) When you file, you must post a bond for 10% of the amount you are suing for. Many people won't have the cash up-front, but an industry would spring-up overnight for underwriting good cases. If they lose, the winner's cost reimbursement come from the 10% bond first.

See, its not that hard. But we'll never get it done because the legal lobby has a firm grip on all branches of government.

good stuff. i think alot of other foreign legal systems implement these things. 3 would have to be highly regulated though and could cause alot of issues...i see alot of potential problems with that

calveless wonder said:
good stuff. i think alot of other foreign legal systems implement these things. 3 would have to be highly regulated though and could cause alot of issues...i see alot of potential problems with that

Something has to get the system back into balance. The constitution was written to protect personal rights and property in both directions and now people abuse the court system. Using a lawsuit with the express intent to drive settlement in an otherwise un-winnable case is the norm with today's system. You can't really blame a company for settlements, because you can either spend hundreds of thousands (or millions) on court or spend tens of thousands paying the plaintiff off. That shows-up in the prices we pay for products and services.

mrplunkey said:
Something has to get the system back into balance. The constitution was written to protect personal rights and property in both directions and now people abuse the court system. Using a lawsuit with the express intent to drive settlement in an otherwise un-winnable case is the norm with today's system. You can't really blame a company for settlements, because you can either spend hundreds of thousands (or millions) on court or spend tens of thousands paying the plaintiff off. That shows-up in the prices we pay for products and services.
That is exactly right... Frivalous lawsuits and run a way jurys have destroyed this country. They also need to get all of the lawyers out of capital hill and the government.. This is why it is so bad is because they are the largest lobbying group.

Top Bottom