Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gym Etiquette

You ask a guy "how many set left do you have?"
him "2", w/o any intention to let you work with him

Then he goes drink water
talk to his uddies
do his first set of 150 reps
water
buddies
stretching
more buddies
cellphone
another 10 minutes set
water
buddies
and then let you take his plates off

About working in: If you are the person who ASKED to work in, it is YOUR responsibility to rearrange everything to the way it was for the original person. For example, if you ask to work in on the cables and you switch the apparatus and the weight, when you are done with your set, you have to put it back the way it was before you touched it. That's just common courtesy.

Speaking of unracking weights, at my old gym we had the 100# plates and someone left them on the leg press along with some 45's.

Some lady starts unracking them and since I was squatting right next door I offered to help her and she politely declined.

I didn't want to be rude and assume she couldn't do it on her own so I let her do her thing; when she hit the 100's she came to a grinding halt, then sheepishly came over and said 'OK you can help now'

I don't know how some people expect others to unrack 100's and 100's of lbs of weight, especially at a public gym.

My current Bally's doesn't even have that and it's horrible - dumbells all over the floor, weights strewn everywhere, barbells loaded up on the floor...I may have to talk to the manager.

Another thing that irks me is when I'm squatting and someone sets up camp right next to the squat rack and begins their dumbell side raises within inches of me. It's not like I feel like I own that corner of the gym but I think everyone has a certain minimum space allotted for their exercise that shouldn't be encroached upon.

Jim Ouini said:
Speaking of unracking weights, at my old gym we had the 100# plates and someone left them on the leg press along with some 45's.

Some lady starts unracking them and since I was squatting right next door I offered to help her and she politely declined.

I didn't want to be rude and assume she couldn't do it on her own so I let her do her thing; when she hit the 100's she came to a grinding halt, then sheepishly came over and said 'OK you can help now'

I don't know how some people expect others to unrack 100's and 100's of lbs of weight, especially at a public gym.

My current Bally's doesn't even have that and it's horrible - dumbells all over the floor, weights strewn everywhere, barbells loaded up on the floor...I may have to talk to the manager.

Another thing that irks me is when I'm squatting and someone sets up camp right next to the squat rack and begins their dumbell side raises within inches of me. It's not like I feel like I own that corner of the gym but I think everyone has a certain minimum space allotted for their exercise that shouldn't be encroached upon.

I wish my gym had 100 pound plates ..........

BOOEY said:
I wish my gym had 100 pound plates ..........

Actually I remember looking for them and couldn't find them so I asked the manager and he said they removed them 'for safety reasons'. So they didn't last long.

I think somone must've mistaken them for 45's and dropped it on their toe or something.

I wish my gym had the rubber plates more than the 100's, actually.

dahamn said:
I was doing squats in the squat rack and this guy comes and asks me how many sets left, I say 2 but you can work in if you want. He says no and stands like 3 feet away....so hurry my last 2 sets a little, then start taking the plates off and he takes the plates of on his side and puts a 10 lb plate on. I say you gonna do curls and he said yeah......i look at him and smile and shake my head and walk away.

Dave
take your time...its your gym too. if you offer for him to workin and he doesnt, then its on him

hahaha dave, that is great...considering we always bring up curls in the squat rack..I love squats, and luckily everyone else at UT is a sissy-shit or something..there are like 6-7 squat racks at one of the gyms and like 3-4 at the other, and there are maybe two-three ppl doing squats in a given time I am there (I am there at peak hour...)

mith

I can put up with most anything in the gym because I like to be in the gym and like to chat with other people in the gym that like to lift too. I'm pretty laid back, BUT focused when I'm lifting.

But, here are some things I DON'T like.

Guys that stare a.k.a. "mean mug" you when you walk by. And usually they are smaller and weaker than you.

Guys who load mega weight onto the leg press and do 5" ROM presses. Ask them to squat and they say they have bad knees or bad backs.

Guys who have never done or even heard of deadlifts.

Guys that leave alot of weight on the bar after doing their sets. I don't give a fuck how much weight you were using. Unload the plates asshole.

|D_J^B_J| said:
Gym etiquette which I follow:
- Wear enclosed shoes in the gym.
- Wear a shirt in the gym.
- Bring a sweat towel to the gym.
- Wipe the bench/machine once you have finished.
- Let people work in with you during your rest periods.
- Remove all weights from the machines once finished.
- Always wash your hands after peeing and ****ing. :rolleyes:
- If someone is training by themselves and asks for a spot during your rest period, spot them!
- Do not give unsolicitored advice unless you think someone is at risk of injuring themselves with poor form or specifically asks for it.
- Do not sit on a bench/machine unless you are actually using that bench/machine :rolleyes:
- If your phone rings while you are resting on a bench, GET OFF THE BENCH TO LET SOMEONE ELSE USE IT!

Can't think of any others.

This should be sent to every person who has a membership in the country...violations punishable by getting a 45 plate dropped on your nuts...

I would only add:

No cellphones
No perfume/cologne
No bringing bags, bottles, and bullshit left all over the gym
No walking infront of someone who has BD in their hands
NO using DB's 3 inches from the rack so no one else can get the DB's

Bluesman

Speaking of no perfume, there used to be a lady at my gym who wore a ton of perfume and full makeup.

She looked exactly like Pamela Anderson (purposefully, I think), big blonde hair and huge breast implants.

For workiing out she'd wear those spandex mini shorts and just like a spaghetti strap workout bra/top/whatever so her boobs were hanging out. One day she wore pigtails, a red checkboard halter top and daisy duke shorts. Farmer's daughter look I guess.

She'd make a big show of moaning and groaning when doing her leaning forward cable cross overs. Of course she had her fans at the gym but lots of us (men and women included) just wanted to workout without feeling like an extra in 'Barbwire 2'.

Top Bottom