Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Give me a fucking break! U.S. Athletes Told Not to Carry Flag at Olympics!

fuck everything, we are all going down in a ball of fire soon, so anything we do doesnt matter much anyway, everything will be forgotten since no one will be here to care or remember about pathetic things like waving a fucking flag(not a dis to poinkster, just a dis to everything)

OMG.....
It's pretty sad- it seems the Euros are the ones who do all the hating- this country , that country. The US tries to please everybody. When we try to defend ourselves- we're war mongers. But when overseas countries want to sell something or need a bailout militarily or financially, who do you come to? Who do you emulate, who's movies do you love to watch?

I don't understand what the problem is. No matter what country, I don't see a problem with running around the track with your flag. If other people don't like its, tough. Its freedom of speech to wave the flag. Its freedom of speech to boo or cheer that person.

Can't you people read ??? they are just RECOMMENDATIONS in light of the world situation. If US medal winners want do laps waving the US flag and blasting "Born in The USA" I don't think anybody is gonna stop them....

If I were an American, I'd wave a double-sized flag and run TWO victory laps, just to make a point. Who gives a fuck what the rest of the world thinks about your government? This is the ATHLETE'S moment...they've worked their whole lives to achieve it...and they can celebrate it however they see fit.

canadianhitman said:
If I were an American, I'd wave a double-sized flag and run TWO victory laps, just to make a point. Who gives a fuck what the rest of the world thinks about your government? This is the ATHLETE'S moment...they've worked their whole lives to achieve it...and they can celebrate it however they see fit.

Hell yeah

I like the way you talk!

what about the black panthers shit at the 68' olympics? we should pull off some bold shit like that and see how it flys now a days

Robert Jan said:
Remember when Serena Williams had sayd in an interview how she supported the Iraq war plan and how she felt quite strongly against the French? Then she went to play Roland Garros in France and she got Boo'ed the hell out of. Tennis crowds are relatively classy.

I remember that match against Justine Henin. The crowd was an absolute bitch to Serena and Henin wasn't exactly being a fair player either.

I also remeber when Cathy Freeman won the gold in Sydney and how ecstatic our whole country was about it. She did a lap carrying the Australian and Aboriginal flag.

I'd be disappointed if US athletes are booed or jeered for carrying the US flag at ceremonies or at celebrations.

Let me get this straight.

Being patriotic does NOT mean you have to support your government or your government's policies. Being patriotic just means you love your country.

By the same argument, being opposed to your government or government policies does not mean you don't love your country.

The US right wing in particular want to portray it that way, according to them anyone who doesn't support Bush must hate America and the only true patriots vote Republican. If you start equating American patriotism with support for this right wing US goverment than you are bound to have an anti-American backlash.

p0ink, I don't like your president. Does that mean I hate America?

DANABOLIC55 said:
OMG.....
It's pretty sad- it seems the Euros are the ones who do all the hating- this country , that country. The US tries to please everybody. When we try to defend ourselves- we're war mongers. But when overseas countries want to sell something or need a bailout militarily or financially, who do you come to? Who do you emulate, who's movies do you love to watch?

PFFFFF defending yourself. against which imaginary villain now? The muslim? an "arm of communism"? Don't be stupid. Nobody can touch the USA there is no defending.

p0ink said:
what makes you think i hate europeans? i hate no one based solely upon the area of the world in which they live, or their color, or their religion, sex, etc. not to mention, i am a second generation immigrant from europe.

in fact, i dont even hate liberals. one of my good friends from freshmen year, who i have not seen in 2+ years but still kept in touch, is coming back this week and i can't wait. and she is so fucking liberals she would make people like wodin and hooch cry.

does this mean i trust liberals in positions of power? hell no. can i be friends with them? yes, and many of my friends are.

I don;t even fucking like the word liberal because its adopted a different meaning in the USA. Everywhere in the world the liberal party is the most right wing, free trade, fuck the lazy poor party on the spectrum and in the USA you call the forgiving calm left wingers liberals.

Same with conservatives. There is not a fucking thing "conservative" about US conservative policy except systematical prudeness.

Top Bottom