Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gary Betman is ruining hockey.

perkele said:

You're sooo wrong! If you wanna see good hockey watch European hockey. The best players (under 30yo) in NHL are Europeans. Why? They don't spend their time fighting!

NHL would "die" if there would be European hockey league and all the Europeans from NHL would come play in that league.

hmmm...

when it comes to playoff time i would take a hard nosed North American player over a European anyday. Some europeans under 30 years old are amazing (Naslund, Gaborik, Hossa) but others are just not complete players (Kovalchuk, Antropov) So many europeans come into this league but don't do very well because they are drafted because they can put the puck in the net yet when they realize it's not as wide open as in europe they tend to just drop off the map while N.A. players stick around because they can play a complete game, defensively and offensively.

Look at Jiri Dopita...what's he doing now?

perkele said:

You're sooo wrong! If you wanna see good hockey watch European hockey. The best players (under 30yo) in NHL are Europeans. Why? They don't spend their time fighting!

NHL would "die" if there would be European hockey league and all the Europeans from NHL would come play in that league.

I'm not going to deny European players have added to the NHL, but to watch a bunch of games played by Europeans in Europe is about as exciting as watching grass grow. (not talking World Championships or Olympics... different story for the reason I mentioned above).

If European hockey is so superior, why do the best players want to play in the NHL? Can't be just for the $.

I'm sorry, but I like hockey to be rough, tough, with skilled players and great goaltending. That's the NHL & North American hockey... always has been, always will be... even if every European player went home, the NHL would live on quite nicely. Not taking anything away from European players, just the European (International Rules) version of the game.

Last edited:
The Europeans don't hit nearly as much as the North Americans. Thats why there is no fighting. And truth be told I've seen alot of Europeans come through the Junior ranks and just can't handle the jump in physical intensity.

Eliminating the red line is a good idea in my opinion. To increase offense at least. Some people I know who have been watching hockey for years won't watch it anymore because its becoming a bit too slow. Hockey isn't supposed to be stopped all the time. Its supposed to flow. Also, Betman and the idiot owners/rules committee seem intent on giving the referees the ability to control the outcome of the game. This should never happen in any sport. Hockey was fine before Betman came and will be fine when he leaves. I wish he would just leave the game alone. Imagine if a new football wise man came in and started changing all kinds of rules. Football fans would go nuts. Same goes with basketball, baseball and any other widely watched professional sport. The point I'm trying to make is leave hockey alone and let it grab fans as it naturally will.

fights as no places in hockeys
and since the 2nd weeks Betman was in charge I was crying he was killing hockey!
Hockey is dead anyway! :(

pro sport is dead too

:(

WHO CARES ABOUT HOCKEY!!! THIS IS NOW A KARMA THREAD!!!

KARMA THREAD!!! WHO'S IN

KAYNE

Didn't read much of this thread....

except the stuff about the international hockey. Which I agree the Olympic hockey was much better with bigger rinks and no RED line.

BUT PLEASE SAVE MY SABRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pebcak

Cure said:

hmmm...

when it comes to playoff time i would take a hard nosed North American player over a European anyday. Some europeans under 30 years old are amazing (Naslund, Gaborik, Hossa) but others are just not complete players (Kovalchuk, Antropov) So many europeans come into this league but don't do very well because they are drafted because they can put the puck in the net yet when they realize it's not as wide open as in europe they tend to just drop off the map while N.A. players stick around because they can play a complete game, defensively and offensively.

Look at Jiri Dopita...what's he doing now?

Amen brother! NHL playoffs are intense! It's a physical battle, and when they scan the bench, every player is bruised and battered late in the playoffs.

Top Bottom