Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Full Contact Fighting...

LOL...

Can't say i ever did that!!! Anybody have any good stories while in the ring. My first contact fight ever i wasnt sure if i wanted to do it anymore. I had a huge cut on my head but none-the-less i hung in there and won the match. It seems the more you fight the more comfortable you feel and i never thought i would be so sore after matches!!! ~JT~

Thaibox said:
Danielson and I played full contact chess once

he won

:lmao:

the money in full contact fighting is in the underground world..
i had three fights made 32k but decided to quit for my wife (did i say wife meant my life...LOL). no weight limits. last guy i fought was 6.5 and 309 lbs.. I am 5'10 and 225 at the time. imagine the thoughts in my head...the movie lion heart does exist "underground" but u dont get ppl from overseas to come and just fight for a few thousand...

Sandman, thats how I began in the nhb scene. Before sanctioned MMA became popular(I was about 18), there was a lot of underground fighting going on in San Francisco. I figured "Hey, I've got ten years of training behind me, time to make some cash!" Thats when I met the reality of being hurt. The dojo is a kindergarden class compared to underground shit. The way it worked where I went is that once you lost, you really couldn't fight again for a while because no one will put anything on you. I won my first several fights and developed a name. Things were great until I got hit in the throat pretty hard. It shocked me pretty bad which allowed the other guy to take me out with a kick to the head. When I got up, I couldn't talk. It just wasn't possible for me to speak. I would try and say something and nothing would come out. It stayed that way for about 3.5 hours. Scared the crap out of me. Its happened a couple times since, but never that bad. I rather have my nose shattered by a 2x4 than get hit in the throat.

I saw a few guys get their legs taken out(as in folded laterally), bones broken, joints folded, and lots of blood. I'm glad that NHB has become popularized to some extent. Now fights can be regulated and overseen for the safety of the fighters. More than once I really thought guys were never going to get up. There was always fights breaking out outside the pit. It was kind of a bad scene.

throat shots are the fight finishers all the time. I was fortunate enough to avoid them and many other shots. I was pretty fit before i was injured in the car accident. I was actually contimplating on going "all the way" to become a "freak", which is my goal now. I have a lot of training in front of me. I was 215 at the time 10% body fat. After the accident went to 260. Just a fatass...lol. Now my wife is behind me and i convinced her to let me get back in. I really want to go kick ass. b-(

WOW...

I never really did any undergound fighting except when we are talkin street fights. Never really got my ass kicked outside of the dojo but lemme tell when im in the dojo i take a pretty bad beating from time to time.

Never did any underground fights, and I don't think there is any notable underground fight scene in Washington, DC area.

If there is, then I'm just out of the loop. :( (Sometimes some of the gyms have full contact mixed marial arts stuff, but I'm not counting that) More than anything, I would prefer to first watch, bet a little, and research. It might be an interesting experience.

For the guys that took a few fights, how did you prepare for the 'scene'... ie when did you know who your opponent is, did you watch many other fights to see how they usually go down, etc?

-wit

By full contact do u mean Kicks above the waist kickboxing or any ringsport which requires noth olding back where knocking someone out is the main objective?

I'm a novice thai boxer with a 2 1 1 record

Top Bottom