Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

former UFC champion to step into the boxing ring.

Pick3 if I had to choose 3 mma fighters that could crossover and do well, it would be jamie varner, then fedors younger brother, and anderson silva. Not to many guys impress me besides those. If these guys could seek out the top boxing trainers and just concentrate on boxing they might be able to do something. Varner out of everyone looks to have the better skills.

Pick3 if I had to choose 3 mma fighters that could crossover and do well, it would be jamie varner, then fedors younger brother, and anderson silva. Not to many guys impress me besides those. If these guys could seek out the top boxing trainers and just concentrate on boxing they might be able to do something. Varner out of everyone looks to have the better skills.

It's hard to tell considering the contigency "what if". Great athletes, e.g. GSP improved his grappling game to world class.

Within a resonable amount of time I think only the HW's, e.g. Fedor and Arloski could compete favorably.

Even the best striking lighter fighter, e.g. Anderson Silva, or Rampage couldn't compete with the top 50 pro boxers in a pure boxing match.

It's hard to tell considering the contigency "what if". Great athletes, e.g. GSP improved his grappling game to world class.

Within a resonable amount of time I think only the HW's, e.g. Fedor and Arloski could compete favorably.

Even the best striking lighter fighter, e.g. Anderson Silva, or Rampage couldn't compete with the top 50 pro boxers in a pure boxing match.

You are not seeing the whole picture here. Fedor? Are you serious? He's the best MMA fighter right now but his boxing isn't anything speacial. From what I've seen he'd get ko'd. He's leaves his hands down, he throws wild wide punches, he just jumps right into range, sometimes he stands square, is very short for a heavywieght, and all the other aspects of boxing we don't know because he dosen't train for boxing alone. If you ever competed or trained in boxing you can spot some talent or others that might have some skill to transfer. The 3 I named have a good base, body type, they train a lot of stand-up, and some basic understanding of boxing. I'm not saying any of them will become a champ in boxing but they can be atleast c level. Varner being the most likely if built up and put in the right fights. He has past experience in boxing and seems to be able to take a good punch. That's so important.

You are not seeing the whole picture here. Fedor? Are you serious? He's the best MMA fighter right now but his boxing isn't anything speacial. From what I've seen he'd get ko'd. He's leaves his hands down, he throws wild wide punches, he just jumps right into range, sometimes he stands square, is very short for a heavywieght, and all the other aspects of boxing we don't know because he dosen't train for boxing alone. If you ever competed or trained in boxing you can spot some talent or others that might have some skill to transfer. The 3 I named have a good base, body type, they train a lot of stand-up, and some basic understanding of boxing. I'm not saying any of them will become a champ in boxing but they can be atleast c level. Varner being the most likely if built up and put in the right fights. He has past experience in boxing. That's so important.

Fedor never had the skill, but had enough power to KTFO anyone.

Butt, I do see your point.

Do you remember when Don Frye fought LeBanner in a K1 standup bout. Frye thought he was badass because he had a limited pro boxing career ... butt he got P'WNED :)

Fedor never had the skill, but had enough power to KTFO anyone.

Butt, I do see your point.

Do you remember when Don Frye fought LeBanner in a K1 standup bout. Frye thought he was badass because he had a limited pro boxing career ... butt he got P'WNED :)

LOL!! yeah. He looked silly in there. Didn't have no business in there with lebanner. What many people don't know is Lebanner was a up and coming boxer at one time. DOn King was looking to make him big in the 80's. They had some problems and he turned to kickboxing instead. He had skill at the time to be a good hw in boxing. Don had no chance.

boxing's a totally different game. Fedor's strking skills in an MMA fight are without compare BECAUSE of his samba. Watch him come flying in with bombs and if he get's caught with a counter he shoots so damn quick it's astounding. In a pure boxing match that strategy would get exposed. Fedor throws with his whole body and is quick and agile enough to recover from any counter in the MMA game. In fact, it works in his favor for someone to go to the ground with him. The dudes that gave him the most trouble were the iron chinned boys who could shrug off those bombs. I don't think people realize just how close Mark Hunt was to beating Fedor. And the japanese guy, can't remember his name.........he stood in there with Fedor and didn't back away and knocked fedor silly for a moment.

I'm not sold on arlovsky being a good HW boxer. I just don't see it.

boxing's a totally different game. Fedor's strking skills in an MMA fight are without compare BECAUSE of his samba. Watch him come flying in with bombs and if he get's caught with a counter he shoots so damn quick it's astounding. In a pure boxing match that strategy would get exposed. Fedor throws with his whole body and is quick and agile enough to recover from any counter in the MMA game. In fact, it works in his favor for someone to go to the ground with him. The dudes that gave him the most trouble were the iron chinned boys who could shrug off those bombs. I don't think people realize just how close Mark Hunt was to beating Fedor. And the japanese guy, can't remember his name.........he stood in there with Fedor and didn't back away and knocked fedor silly for a moment.

I'm not sold on arlovsky being a good HW boxer. I just don't see it.

I don't see it either. It's all about money. It's no better time for someone like him though. When the hw division is so weak. A person like aa would have never been considered or much even thought of trying. Were talking about boxing. Anything can happen with one punch....all it takes, maybe he pulls a magic trick out of his hat and beats the giant. Will just have to wait and see.

As for fedor, he was in much trouble with hunt. What would have happend if hunt sub'd him? Who knows. The big jap you are talking about is fugita.(not sure that's the correct spelling.)

Top Bottom