Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Former Missing Woman aka The Runnaway Bride

RaZor Ramon

It's good that she's safe but all the this fuss when she just had cold feet. :verygood:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7665482/?GT1=6428

The Associated Press
Updated: 3:51 p.m. ET April 30, 2005ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - A Georgia bride-to-be who vanished just days before her wedding turned up in New Mexico and fabricated a tale of abduction before admitting Saturday that she had gotten cold feet and “needed some time alone,” police said.

advertisement
Have Our Top 20 Newsletter
Delivered to Your Inbox Each Week!
The Most "WOW!" Travel Deals on the
Internet - here's a sampling: Released
APR 27, 2005

Fly to New Orleans from Across the U.S. $55-$94 Major Airlines

London from 50+ Cities (Roundtrip) $229 & up 1-800-FlyEurope

Orlando Sheraton "Safari" Hotel at 60% OFF $69 Sheraton Safari Hotel

Alaska 7-Night Cruise in May $399 Travelocity

Jamaica from St. Louis, Roundtrip (!) $79 Worry-Free Vacations

Click on Any Deal and Check Them Out Today!
*Fares listed may notinclude all taxes, charges and government fees.
More information. © 2005 Travelzoo Inc.

Jennifer Wilbanks, 32, was in police custody more than 1,420 miles from her home on what was supposed to be her wedding day.

“It turns out that Miss Wilbanks basically felt the pressure of this large wedding and could not handle it,” said Randy Belcher, the police chief in Duluth, Ga., the Atlanta suburb where Wilbanks lives with her fiance. He said there would be no criminal charges.

Wilbanks, whose disappearance set off a nationwide hunt, called her fiance, John Mason, from a pay phone late Friday and told him that she had been kidnapped while jogging three days before, authorities said. Her family rejoiced that she was safe, telling reporters that the media coverage apparently got to the kidnappers.

But Wilbanks soon recanted, according to police.

Ray Schultz, chief of police in Albuquerque, said Wilbanks “had become scared and concerned about her impending marriage and decided she needed some time alone.” He said she traveled to Las Vegas by bus before going to Albuquerque.

“She’s obviously very concerned about the stress that she’s been through, the stress that’s been placed on her family,” he said. “She is very upset.”

'Cold feet'
The mood outside Wilbanks’ home went from jubilant to somber after Wilbanks changed her story. Family members ducked inside and the blinds were drawn, but friends expressed relief that Wilbanks was safe.

Ric Feld / AP
John Mason, the fiance of Jennifer Wilbanks, celebrates in front of his home in Duluth, Ga., early Saturday upon hearing that his bride-to-be was alive.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Having cold feet is a joy compared to what the alternative might have been,” friend Melinda Larson, who had planned to attend the wedding, told CNN.

The wedding was going to be a huge bash. The couple had mailed 600 invitations, and the ceremony was to feature 14 bridesmaids and 14 groomsmen.

Wilbanks’ uncle, Mike Satterfield, thanked people who had helped in the search and supported the family.

“Jennifer had some issues the family was not aware of. We’re looking forward to loving her and talking to her about these issues,” he said.

Mason and Wilbanks’ family planned to fly to Albuquerque later Saturday.

Wilbanks, who is a nurse, was tired and thirsty, but was not complaining of any injuries Saturday, officials said. Her hair, which was long in pictures released by her family, was shoulder-length.

Search consumed tight-knit town
Just hours before Wilbanks called her fiance, police in Duluth said they had no solid leads in the case and began dismantling a search center. Relatives offered a $100,000 reward for information and were planning a prayer vigil.

The hunt for Wilbanks had consumed Duluth, a tight-knit town. Her picture and newspaper articles about her disappearance were on telephone poles and shop windows. Police had also seized three computers from the home she shared with Mason.

Mason had become a target of suspicion and agreed to a private polygraph test, which Wilbanks’ family said he passed. He had been negotiating with authorities for another test.

“That’s been the hardest part for me,” Mason said after Wilbanks called from Albuquerque. “It gives you a feeling like you can’t walk outside your home.”

Larson, a friend of both Mason and Wilbanks, said she thought the bride-to-be had no idea her disappearance would draw so much attention.

“Sometimes things take on a life of their own, just like weddings,” she said.

Gambino said:
yo montel this has been posted a few times

First don't call me a guy old enough to be my father. But I didn't see it one here. I'll have to look since I'm curious what folks had to say on it.

That's horrible that she freaked out all of her loved ones not like that-- not to mention wasting the time of police and citizens who searched for her the way they did. I see that as VERY selfish and bordering on insane.

If she had cold feet she should have talked to her fiance and her family instead of pulling something so huge.

She's such a WOMAN.

Wonder if she'll marry him now and i wonder if they'll place security guards on her now.

Ah yes, all women are like that. We're all like scared little sheep. If we didn't have a good strong man around to direct our every move, us lil emotional critters would probably wander off a cliff or something....

Raina said:
Ah yes, all women are like that. We're all like scared little sheep. If we didn't have a good strong man around to direct our every move, us lil emotional critters would probably wander off a cliff or something....
So true. Women are like lemmings on clomid.

Raina said:
That's horrible that she freaked out all of her loved ones not like that-- not to mention wasting the time of police and citizens who searched for her the way they did. I see that as VERY selfish and bordering on insane.

If she had cold feet she should have talked to her fiance and her family instead of pulling something so huge.

agreed. She could have just said, "hey, I need some time to think about this and make sure this is right for me." or "I don't want such a big wedding, can we scale it down a bit?"

as to why she did it the way she did, it could have been pride, fear, or just downright stupidity. she did waste a lot of people's time though. I'm wondering what the groom's thoughts are.......

Raina said:

Agreed....insane! I know the "M" word can add some pressure but gebus....to go MIA for however many days. :rolleyes:

I predict I'll be sleeping in the aisle of the church three days before I get married. heh (like many years from now of course)

Top Bottom