Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Foreigners, what problem(s) do you have with America (U.S.A.)?

The very wording of the title of this thread is why NON-AMERICANS are peeved w/the attitude of MOST AMERICANS.

"Foreigners"? What, like the United States is the center of the universe and every one else is somehow just "out there somewhere"?

This is the internet with board members from all over the world. This is not US EF... We are in cyberspace, remember?

You see, the prejuidice and sense of overwhelming superiority is so deep-rooted that most Americans are not even aware of it. Hansel, I am NOT riding your ass, just trying to point something out to you.

It is sort of akin to the lighter peach toned crayon in the crayola box being named "flesh". Ummmmm whose "flesh" matches the tone of that particular crayon? The implication is that caucasions are somehow superior because that is "the proper color of flesh" or skin.

That and this quote from GD I think sums it up best:

"so yes, im peeved on a couple of levels - at the elitist pricks who care nothing for the lives of human beings in other countries, and at the ignorant idiot consumer sheeple who have more information at their fingertips than anyone on the planet, and yet are so irritatingly ignorant.

its like a bunch of fat guys in a library, reading tittie magazines - so much potential, but all you have is a bunch of fat ignorant wankers."

I was born in the United States but was raised very European to the point where I learned English at the age of five. I summered many years in my native Magyar Orszag and lived 6 months in Paris. I also maintain dual citizenship as it is my right through my parent's citizenship. So what does that make me?

I, personally perscribe to this philosophy when it comes to defining "who I am".

If a cat climbs up into an open oven that has been turned off and gives birth to her kittens in there does that make her young muffins? No, they are still cats.

As I said before, I feel that I am first and foremost a member of the human race. As for citizenship? I consider myself a world citizen. I am a human being before I am Magyar OR American.

sorry BM, this is an american site with mostly american members
EF is based in NYC, an american company

Gambino said:
sorry BM, this is an american site with mostly american members
EF is based in NYC, an american company

I know that the majority of members are American. Heck, the site is in English so unless one is an anglofon (sp) or can speak English they really wouldn't stay here much, now would they as they couldn't understand what is being "said". Not to mention the fact that bodybuilding/powerlifting, etc is most popular in the United States... think about why they expanded the site: to cater to a larger audience. But still, there is the limitation of language.

The point is that elitefitness does not exist in the US. It exists in cyberspace where EVERYONE who follows the rules is welcome.

Now unless Al Gore really did invent the internet, I see your point but your arguement does not hold water.

BIKINIMOM said:
I know that the majority of members are American. Heck, the site is in English so unless one is an anglofon (sp) or can speak English they really wouldn't stay here much, now would they as they couldn't understand what is being "said". Not to mention the fact that bodybuilding/powerlifting, etc is most popular in the United States... think about why they expanded the site: to cater to a larger audience. But still, there is the limitation of language.

The point is that elitefitness does not exist in the US. It exists in cyberspace where EVERYONE who follows the rules is welcome.

Now unless Al Gore really did invent the internet, I see your point but your arguement does not hold water.

i know we are just arguing semantics, but EF truely does exist in the usa...BRR has a office and everything
and al gore never claimed to invent the internet, bullshit rhetoric

Gambino said:
i know we are just arguing semantics, but EF truely does exist in the usa...BRR has a office and everything
and al gore never claimed to invent the internet, bullshit rhetoric

LOL

I know all about BRR, talked to him many times personally. :)

Come on now, you know damned well my comment about Al Gore was freaking funny...

But I reamin steadfast in my point of view. Regardless of where the corporate office is locate - hell, if the site got so hyuge and GS got so cheap that they decided to outsource to India would that automatically mean that EF would then be an Indian site and all the Americans would become the "foreigners"? If we used your arguement then by default, yes - the tables would be turned... C'est nes pas? :qt:

BIKINIMOM said:
LOL

I know all about BRR, talked to him many times personally. :)

Come on now, you know damned well my comment about Al Gore was freaking funny...

But I reamin steadfast in my point of view. Regardless of where the corporate office is locate - hell, if the site got so hyuge and GS got so cheap that they decided to outsource to India would that automatically mean that EF would then be an Indian site and all the Americans would become the "foreigners"? If we used your arguement then by default, yes - the tables would be turned... C'est nes pas? :qt:

yeah, that's the beauty of the internet, global networking
and i wasn't calling you "bullshit rhetoric" i was refferring to the often quoted diss against gore

Gambino said:
yeah, that's the beauty of the internet, global networking
and i wasn't calling you "bullshit rhetoric" i was refferring to the often quoted diss against gore

Oh I know.... We cool.

Top Bottom