Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Foreigners, what problem(s) do you have with America (U.S.A.)?

b0und said:
I really don't have a problem with Americans, US citizens for those who want to be pedantic, as such at all. I think most Westerners, at least in the English speaking world would probably feel similar.

The current US government however has done a lot of very bad things throughout the world, and from what I have heard they haven't covered themselves in glory at home either, ie the aftermath of hurricane Katrina.

Anti-Americanism I think has existed for a long time, at least since WWII, but the Bush administration has aggrevated it and made it much worse through its actions, like invading Iraq and other stuff.

The cause of Anti-Americanism is complex, you could write volumes about it, jeallousy, envy, feelings of disempowerment by those who feel they have been oppressed by the US, US foreign policy, especially unilateralism. What is clear is that although Anti-Americanism has existed for a long time, the actions of the US government since 9-11 have made it much, much worse.

b0und (I could go on and on...)
well, at least there was 1 good response..

this is how i would see it, or rather how i perceive others view usa.

I am surprised that no one has said they have a problem with the millions in foreign aid the US provides them, or the billions in sales with which the US provides their economies.

Who mentioned hypocrisy?

mountain muscle said:
I am surprised that no one has said they have a problem with the millions in foreign aid the US provides them, or the billions in sales with which the US provides their economies.

Who mentioned hypocrisy?
I mentioned a rectal thermometer for Wootoom? Good enough?

The earth can't handle the extra weight of those millions of obese Americans. It's not an earthquake, it's just them heading for the McDonalds.

in all seriousness what personally gives me the shits is that the US as a nation proclaims itself to be a benevolent global entity, when really, it is utterly self serving.

now its cool that a nation is utterly self serving, since thats what nations are meant to be, but when the country in question is economically and militarily superior to other nations to such a degree that it effectively bullies/opresses smaller nations, it starts to give you the shits, because the human part of me feels for the citizens of those opressed countries.

normally, id shrug my shoulders and think that having winners and losers is part of the human condition, and that the tide will turn eventually, and thats that...but then you meet stereotypical loud, ignorant americans, who have bought into their own governments propaganda and do not have the slightest appreciation of the inequity between themselves, and the citizens of the countries that their government has opressed/bullied in their names

so yes, im peeved on a couple of levels - at the elitist pricks who care nothing for the lives of human beings in other countries, and at the ignorant idiot consumer sheeple who have more information at their fingertips than anyone on the planet, and yet are so irritatingly ignorant.

its like a bunch of fat guys in a library, reading tittie magazines - so much potential, but all you have is a bunch of fat ignorant wankers

cheerios :)

GoldenDelicious said:
in all seriousness what personally gives me the shits is that the US as a nation proclaims itself to be a benevolent global entity, when really, it is utterly self serving.

now its cool that a nation is utterly self serving, since thats what nations are meant to be, but when the country in question is economically and militarily superior to other nations to such a degree that it effectively bullies/opresses smaller nations, it starts to give you the shits, because the human part of me feels for the citizens of those opressed countries.

normally, id shrug my shoulders and think that having winners and losers is part of the human condition, and that the tide will turn eventually, and thats that...but then you meet stereotypical loud, ignorant americans, who have bought into their own governments propaganda and do not have the slightest appreciation of the inequity between themselves, and the citizens of the countries that their government has opressed/bullied in their names

no different than any other state....with the exception of the fact that we currently have more power....and therefore we come under the scrutiny of the world. The funny thing is, compare our history to that of England or France.....and who has the history of being the oppressor?

i do find it funny that those who point fingers conveniently forget their own past and history...everyone loves being the big dawg untill they are no longer the big dawg

Top Bottom