Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Foreigners, what problem(s) do you have with America (U.S.A.)?

hanselthecaretaker

High End Bro
Platinum
katdav said:
I think we (our government) is hypocrytical.

You're not a foreigner, but that's a start.

I really don't have a problem with Americans, US citizens for those who want to be pedantic, as such at all. I think most Westerners, at least in the English speaking world would probably feel similar.

The current US government however has done a lot of very bad things throughout the world, and from what I have heard they haven't covered themselves in glory at home either, ie the aftermath of hurricane Katrina.

Anti-Americanism I think has existed for a long time, at least since WWII, but the Bush administration has aggrevated it and made it much worse through its actions, like invading Iraq and other stuff.

The cause of Anti-Americanism is complex, you could write volumes about it, jeallousy, envy, feelings of disempowerment by those who feel they have been oppressed by the US, US foreign policy, especially unilateralism. What is clear is that although Anti-Americanism has existed for a long time, the actions of the US government since 9-11 have made it much, much worse.

b0und (I could go on and on...)

I'm an American but from what I gather it's the hypocrisy. We support the UN and all those great American values we espouse but we disregard them when our national interest is at stake. For example, we signed the 1984 accords against torture but we have tortured or allowed to be tortured prisoners and in the Republican debate torture was generally supported. In the 1984 accords, degrading a prisoner IS considered torture.

Top Bottom