Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

For those of you who are into boxing or marital arts, does it interfere with your....

FreakMonster said:
I was just thinking about hitting the heavy bag 2 times a week for 30 minutes. Would this have a big impact in my weight training? I work out 4 times a week.

heavy bag is hardest on your elbow tendons, which is obviosly not good for weight trainers. i much prefer hitting mits, if you can get someone to work with, double-end bag and sparring. if you really want to hit something heavier try fighting off someone coming at you with a 20lb medicine ball. that's my experience anyway, i hope it helps you.

A little off the subjest but a martial arts that focuses more on the legs seems like it would be a better match with a weight trainer, not to mention the fact that your legs extend a lot further than your arms, are stronger and usually covered with a shoe if you actually have to fight. Learning a defense with a foundation in kisking just seems like a much better option than punching.

First of all I dont want this to sound like a flame....but boxing makes you weak? I guess thats why so many people get knocked out in boxing....from weak people hitting them. Think about it...they arent going to be bodybuilders (although for 40yrs old evander has a great physique) but if you are dedicated to it you will not lose that much size/strength.....the key, just like in bodybuilding without boxing, is to allow for enough rest/recovery time and to eat enough calories over what you are expending and you can still not only retain the size/strenght you have but possibly build on it and at the same time be able to knock the shit out of the first person that told you boxers were small and weak. I love to box and have been doing it since i was 17...i'm 22 now...and i'm all natural and not sayin' i'm huge or really strong...but i'm 6'3 230lbs and last week on my chest day i benched 345lbs for a set of 6 reps. just had to get my two cents in guys....no hard feelings

Top Bottom