Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Football Vs Extreme Sports

bigguns7 said:
The reason I like traditional sports is that those guys are out there doing something that no matter how hard I try, I'll NEVER be able to do. I can never practice enough to be able to throw a 96 mile an hour fastball, nor could I ever run a 4.2 40.

I watch in amazement because these guys are superior human beings in that one area.

On the other hand, given the balls, I could play almost any extreme sport. I could be stupid enough to jump a motorcycle 100 ft in the air, or go down a street luge at 100 mph. With most extreme sports, it takes stupidity and being a crazy MF'er, not tons of talent. If I practiced enough, I could do almost any extreme sport.

Extreme sports are entertaining, but they're more of an exhibition than a sporting event.

The force is strong in this one!

bigguns7 said:
On the other hand, given the balls, I could play almost any extreme sport. I could be stupid enough to jump a motorcycle 100 ft in the air, or go down a street luge at 100 mph. With most extreme sports, it takes stupidity and being a crazy MF'er, not tons of talent. If I practiced enough, I could do almost any extreme sport.

Street luge is lame as hell, and is, indeed, a sport that almost anyone could do.

But if you think that busting out a 720 on a skateoard ramp, or having the skill to win a downhill mountainbike race is just a matter of 'balls' your wrong. You have to have incredible skill and balance, its not just a matter of practice. You need the natural apptitude, just like a QB needs it.

Bullit said:

But if you think that busting out a 720 on a skateoard ramp, or having the skill to win a downhill mountainbike race is just a matter of 'balls' your wrong. You have to have incredible skill and balance, its not just a matter of practice. You need the natural apptitude, just like a QB needs it.

Yes I agree. I was making a generalization. But I honestly do believe that I will NEVER be able to throw a ball 96 mph, but I MIGHT be able to make it down a mountain at high speeds on a mountain bike.

bigguns7 said:

Yes I agree. I was making a generalization. But I honestly do believe that I will NEVER be able to throw a ball 96 mph, but I MIGHT be able to make it down a mountain at high speeds on a mountain bike.

I think you would get about as close to winning the race as I would get to throwing a 96mph ball.

Ive been on both ends, playing hs football as well as skateboarding, mountain biking, and racing motocross..

Freestyle motocross I dont think is a good example.. These guys are the less athletic of all x-games in my opinion.. I am a big fan of freestyle motocross, I grew up with Carey Hart who is one of the founding FMX riders.. Freestyle motocross is practicing tricks while jumping huge launch ramps.. They do not need endurance or even athletecism as much as their motocross racing brothers.. Many of these kids probably couldnt run a 30 minute heat on a supercross track because all they do is practice off big ramps with foam pits in between..

Skateboarding, BMX, snowboarding all are decent sports, require a great deal of skill and practice.. I like watching freestyle motocross for the awe factor, but any football player, big or small has my respect over them..

But I'll tell ya what.... ALL the abovementioned sports take more skill than curling/pressing/rowing a weight. Hence my opinion that weightlifting is not a sport, but an activity (not to be confused with Strongman comps which do require skill).

Top Bottom