Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Football players help! Going from rugby to football

Zeus79

Hey guys, I need some info on football. I've played collegiate rugby for 2 years, I started all games as a winger, this is the equivalent of a wide receiver/corner back, and I mention both because in rugby you play both ways. Now, I have been given the opportunity to try out for a professional arena football team. I'm already in good shape, but I don't know what to expect at the try-out. I run a 4.5, wich isn't much, but I'm 5'8' 195lbs, 6%bf, I'm very good at tackling, and I also was a kicker, however I like to hit people and I would like to make the team as such. Could you guys help me out with some drills? I've started to run 40's, but I don't know what else to expect, it's supposed to be a practice with no pads.

Bro, you sound like you have the tools to be a good DB. Most DBs run in the 4.5-4.7 range, it's mostly quickness. Since you are playing Arena, you will be going both ways. Get yourself a route tree (there are 9 basic routes ran by WRs) and practice the routes. Practice your back peddle. Practice catching the ball. If there is a local junior college near-by, go practice with them. Coaches like to have good athletes around, it pushes their players harder.
Good luck, bro!:fro:

Dude good luck........I had some buddies that play Arena ball. Its real tough.....where are you going to play at?

your athletisim sounds like it wont be a problem at all.. just work on basic football skills and learning the game..

Top Bottom