Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fedor calls out Lesnar

In the original article I read at sherdog I could have swore it said "exclusive". Fitch's comments also pointed to that fact.

The lifetime rights are generally for the use of likeness on future games, etc. It is not an EXCLUSIVE lifetime contract. An example of this type of agreement in practice would be that UFC would be able to use him in future games while simultaneously allowing his likeness in other, non-UFC games as well.

On the entire "fighters arent respected" wrap on Mr. White, I have to disagree. It is his intellectual energy that has pulled UFC out of the gutter and into the mainstream. The argument that he would have no UFC without the fighters is easily turned to the fact that the fighters would have no careers without entreprenuers like Mr. White building a profitable environment for them to flourish. Without Henry Ford's innovation, the labor would have no work. Jobs, wealth, etc., always comes from the intellectual capital and calculated risks of those willing to sacrifice for their founding. Labor is wholly irrelevent without such Prime Movers.

If Lestner keep improving the way he's improving now, wont be long until he wipes the floor with Fedor.

Fedor is getting old and Lestner keeps getting better

It's like Frank Mir vs. Neogeira

If Lestner keep improving the way he's improving now, wont be long until he wipes the floor with Fedor.

Fedor is getting old and Lestner keeps getting better

It's like Frank Mir vs. Neogeira

isn't fedor like 32 or 33? He's only a few years older than lesnar. It's not age with fedor, it's top level competition that he's "NOT" been facing for a couple years now. If he wants to be relevant in the MMA world he needs to fight top level competition NOW. So it's either Dream or UFC.....stop fucking around and fight. If I see him fight another bulked up middleweight I'm going to lose all respect for him.

Lesnar is not anywhere near Fedor's skill level. It would be a quick first round submission for Fedor. A lot more interesting to see how Fedor would do against Frank Mir. Frank is the number one heavyweight in UFC right now. For Fedor this would be the most difficult opponent of his entire career.

Lesnar is not anywhere near Fedor's skill level. It would be a quick first round submission for Fedor. A lot more interesting to see how Fedor would do against Frank Mir. Frank is the number one heavyweight in UFC right now. For Fedor this would be the most difficult opponent of his entire career.

you're probably right about Fedor submitting Lesnar......but he would smash Mir longtime. Lesnar at least would have a punchers chance of catching Fedor with something, not likely......but Mir's standup would be ineffective against Fedor. And on the ground, as good as Mir is there......he's still way overmatched by Fedor. The only guy that would have a chance against Fedor is a standup guy who punches straight down the middle but can punch you out of the ring. You only have so many shots against Fedor before he pulls something out of his ass. If Arlovsky was a more powerful puncher, he might have done more damage in that last fight. Trying to outpoing fedor is a waste of time, he adapts to well. So when you do find a weakness, like Arlovsky did.....you have to exploit it "quick". There's simply no one in the HW division anywhere that has Fedor's skillset............no one. That being said I think the guy is due for a loss because you simply cannot stay at that level when you have NO ONE to push you. He's ahead of his time, too dominant. It's hard to imagine but if there was someone out there who could really push him, what we'd see from him would be even sicker than what we see now.

you're probably right about Fedor submitting Lesnar......but he would smash Mir longtime. Lesnar at least would have a punchers chance of catching Fedor with something, not likely......but Mir's standup would be ineffective against Fedor. And on the ground, as good as Mir is there......he's still way overmatched by Fedor. The only guy that would have a chance against Fedor is a standup guy who punches straight down the middle but can punch you out of the ring. You only have so many shots against Fedor before he pulls something out of his ass. If Arlovsky was a more powerful puncher, he might have done more damage in that last fight. Trying to outpoing fedor is a waste of time, he adapts to well. So when you do find a weakness, like Arlovsky did.....you have to exploit it "quick". There's simply no one in the HW division anywhere that has Fedor's skillset............no one. That being said I think the guy is due for a loss because you simply cannot stay at that level when you have NO ONE to push you. He's ahead of his time, too dominant. It's hard to imagine but if there was someone out there who could really push him, what we'd see from him would be even sicker than what we see now.

I agree that Fedor is above everyone right now however Mir is ONLY ONE in UFC who has a good chance. Not Lesnar, not Randy, nobody. Arlovsky wasn't getting anywhere, they're not evenly matched, not even close.

Mir is the next UFC heavyweight champion. He's gonna school that guy again. Mir is a black belt jiu jitsu. He's a submission master. There's nobody in HV devision better than him on the ground. IMO that's his advantage over Fedor. Mir's standup is good, not the greatest but good enough. He's been working on it. It showed very well against Nogueira. He's a smart fighter.

My point is this. The way to beat Fedor is to submit him. Mir is the only one in UFC who can do it. It won't be easy for Mir but at least its possible. With other guys there's nothing to talk about. Another way to beat Fedor is maybe even by points, take it to decision. Also plausible and also only with Mir.

Last edited:
see I don't think it's possible to submit fedor. Barnett's going to try, but I don't see it. I agree that taking it to points might be the only way, like Crocop did and almost won. You gotta punch him down the middle and sprawl for your life. I think it would have been an interesting fight had arlovsky not had that brain fart. Fedor probalby still would have won, but it would have been interesting to see "how". I think standup wise arlovsky was well prepared for Fedor. You just have to acknowledge that when you don't have the thunder, you don't try to go for the KO and just box for 3 or 5 rounds. Arlovsky got a little hard on and thought he could take Fedor out. That was an EPIC fail...lol

I'm not sold on Mir yet though. We'll see what he does against Lesnar. He just got out of that last fight with his life. And like we saw with Randy, Lesnar now doesn't have to hit you square to put you down. It'll be interesting

I agree that Fedor is above everyone right now however Mir is ONLY ONE in UFC who has a good chance. Not Lesnar, not Randy, nobody. Arlovsky wasn't getting anywhere, they're not evenly matched, not even close.

Mir is the next UFC heavyweight champion. He's gonna school that guy again. Mir is a black belt jiu jitsu. He's a submission master. There's nobody in HV devision better than him on the ground. IMO that's his advantage over Fedor. Mir's standup is good, not the greatest but good enough. He's been working on it. It showed very well against Nogueira. He's a smart fighter.

My point is this. The way to beat Fedor is to submit him. Mir is the only one in UFC who can do it. It won't be easy for Mir but at least its possible. With other guys there's nothing to talk about. Another way to beat Fedor is maybe even by points, take it to decision. Also plausible and also only with Mir.

There is no doubt Fedor would win, but it would be funny if he took a dive and bet against himself in vegas just for the odds-of-it LOL

Lol at Frank Mir submitting Fedor! Fedor can pull an armbar virtually from any position, plus Mir lacks discipline, mental and physical toughness those are all Fedor's middle names, it really takes more than a playboy face to beat a guy like Fedor.

Brock might have the so called puncher's chance though.

Top Bottom