Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fedor calls out Lesnar

Business is business I agree. However, I agree with Red, that was total shit what they did to AKA. Dana is a piece of shit. Smart yes, but a piece of shit. Calling Fitch and the rest of AKA "dumb fuckers" and sick of their bullshit and "fuck them". Then less than 24hrs later resigning Fitch and working it out. IMO, Fitch did an awesome thing and said,"look fuckers, this is all we have. You arent going to fuck us over more than you are now." Good for AKA! Stand up to the UFC, they have cash, make them use it.

Business is business I agree. However, I agree with Red, that was total shit what they did to AKA. Dana is a piece of shit. Smart yes, but a piece of shit. Calling Fitch and the rest of AKA "dumb fuckers" and sick of their bullshit and "fuck them". Then less than 24hrs later resigning Fitch and working it out. IMO, Fitch did an awesome thing and said,"look fuckers, this is all we have. You arent going to fuck us over more than you are now." Good for AKA! Stand up to the UFC, they have cash, make them use it.

I didn't hear they resigned fitch???

I didn't hear they resigned fitch???

Yessur......lemme find the article.

Jon Fitch's exile from the Ultimate Fighting Championship lasted less than 24 hours. Bob Cook, Fitch’s representative from Zinkin Entertainment, has informed Sherdog.com that the welterweight contender is back in the good graces of the world’s top MMA promoter.

“We just spent an hour on the phone with Lorenzo [Fertitta],” said Cook, “and cooler heads have prevailed.”

When asked about the negotiations, Cook stated that Fertitta and UFC President Dana White were “on the same page” when it came to their goals but that their approaches were as different as night and day.

In the end, Fitch ended up signing a licensing agreement that will allow the UFC to feature him in their upcoming video game release. Throughout the media offensive he waged since being informed of his release, the former Purdue wrestling captain made it clear he had no problem signing the deal but did not appreciate what he viewed as White’s “strong-arm tactics.”

White repeatedly said his decision to cut ties with Fitch were driven by an inability on Fitch’s management’s part to work with him and not because he didn’t sign the video game licensing agreement. In an expletive-laden interview with Yahoo.com, White called out nearly everyone at American Kickboxing Academy and Zinkin Entertainment, Fitch’s gym and management company.

Cook, who was singled out by White as part of the problem, stated Fertitta assured him the working relationship between their camp and White was salvageable.

As for the fates of welterweight contender Josh Koscheck and heavyweight prospect Cain Velasquez -- both of whom were rumored to be next on the chopping block -- as well as heavyweight Christian Wellisch, who was cut along with Fitch on Wednesday, Cook stated that all of the fighters have worked out agreements to remain with the UFC.

I think Dana takes it a little too far sometimes. It would be cool if he was coat checked in public once or twice.

making young struggling fighters, not fitch obviously, but sheisting other young up and comers into signing away lifetime likeness contracts is about the sketchiest business practice I've ever heard of. That's so disgusting. And reading Dana's comments about AKA like they were trying to be disruptive to the UFC for not signing that shit was repellant. Who does that guy think he is?

Boy, was this predictable. Many people were bellyaching that Lesnar was too new to the sport and shouldn't be given a shot at the title belt... but from a promotions standpoint... it looked like the perfect set up. Lesnar has that "freak show" quality that draws fan interest. He seems to be a phenom with tons and tons of power... BUT he only seems that way 'cuz nobody has handed him his ass. Randy was aging... on his way out... but he still stood on top of the mountain.

And Fedor had nobody that would make a money fight as a contender.

Match Lesnar against Randy and pray for a miracle. If Lesnar wins... suddenly he becomes a freak show who looks like a legit contender for Fedor. (If he had lost, Lesnar would have just become a footnote.)

This was a set up. Well packaged from day one. Fedor needs contenders until somebody knocks his block off or he retires... and now he has a contender who will seriously sell some tickets.

It's kind of funny that Fedor is jumping all over this shit now............he knows that Lesnar right now is a good fight for him. Lesnar with more experience might be a different fight for him.

But I can't blame him for not signing with the UFC. After what I read yesterday about how the UFC expects fighters to hand over "LIFE TIME" likeness/merchandising contracts.........I'm a little confused. They just let Fitch go because he didn't want to hand over his likeness to the video game company the UFC has contracted for a fighting game. He was willing to do a couple year thing, but they wanted a LIFETIME handover. what the fuck is that shit? So the guys can NEVER work with another video game company EVER even if they leave the UFC. That's fucking bullshit and Dana is a humongous fucking cunt if what I read is true. Lifetime? are you serious??

The lifetime rights are generally for the use of likeness on future games, etc. It is not an EXCLUSIVE lifetime contract. An example of this type of agreement in practice would be that UFC would be able to use him in future games while simultaneously allowing his likeness in other, non-UFC games as well.

On the entire "fighters arent respected" wrap on Mr. White, I have to disagree. It is his intellectual energy that has pulled UFC out of the gutter and into the mainstream. The argument that he would have no UFC without the fighters is easily turned to the fact that the fighters would have no careers without entreprenuers like Mr. White building a profitable environment for them to flourish. Without Henry Ford's innovation, the labor would have no work. Jobs, wealth, etc., always comes from the intellectual capital and calculated risks of those willing to sacrifice for their founding. Labor is wholly irrelevent without such Prime Movers.

I think that a Lesnar/Fedor fight would be a little better fight than what most are predicting. I have Fedor winning no doubt but I think it would be a hard fought win. Weight and strength sometime puts a damper on technique, some moves and subs dont work the same when your opponent is twice or three times the size of a normal man. Also Lesnar is far from a big slow guy! As far as the Randy/Lesnar fight....that was BS all the way. That was a punishment fight from Dana to Randy for bucking the UFC. Dana is just that kind of prick. He probably thought Randy would win but he would take a beating to get doing so and sell the hell out of some tickets on the way. No matter, I would like to see the fight! I would also love to see A.Silva stay in lightHW, that weight class is deep right now!

Top Bottom