Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fed Interest Rate hike or lower?

They'll lower it I don't think consumers and the general public understand how hard Katrina hit us and how much it's affecting the economy.

rocksolid215 said:
They'll lower it I don't think consumers and the general public understand how hard Katrina hit us and how much it's affecting the economy.
that's why I'm thinking it stays

4everhung said:
that's why I'm thinking it stays

I'm new at this, rusty on financials. But wouldn't you think they would lower it to increase consumer spending because of the hurricane? why would it stay the same?

Just seems like a natural economic way to pump money into the economy by lowering the interest rates.

?

rocksolid215 said:
I'm new at this, rusty on financials. But wouldn't you think they would lower it to increase consumer spending because of the hurricane? why would it stay the same?

Just seems like a natural economic way to pump money into the economy by lowering the interest rates.

?
my econ is rusty too
despite the hurricanes the economyis weathering the storm well(so to speak)
a raise is out because it's too tenous right now
and lowering isn't necessary
new guy stands pat

if anyone here thinks anything besides a quarter point rate hike is going to happen, you havent' been paying attention the last 18 years

4everhung said:
my econ is rusty too
despite the hurricanes the economyis weathering the storm well(so to speak)
a raise is out because it's too tenous right now
and lowering isn't necessary
new guy stands pat

New guy doesn't start until January dude.

Top Bottom