Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fantasy Football Issue...

WODIN

बुद्धकर&
Platinum
In the Eagles game there was a fake punt for a TD and now our league is arguing over weather it was and offensive play or a special teams play. I say Special teams and have already voted but I would be interested in other opinions.

Hmmm, that's a tough call Wodin. But a fake punt IMO, is an offensive play, cause now the punter is like a QB. But I'm disgusted with Fantasy football right now, I'm fucking 1-3, i've lost all 3 by only a few points, Marshall Faulk is killing me, what a bust!!!

Special teams. Its a special teams play. You dont go out on 2nd down and run a fake punt. Unless you are me on Sports Talk Football for Sega Genesis. Those bitches never caught on. Worked everytime.

It is an offensive play. If you want to get technical (as in real football rules), there is no such thing as a "special teams" play.

I would say that it doesn't become a special teams play until the ball is kicked. If the punter throws a pass, it goes in passing stats. If he runs with the ball, it goes in rushing stats. If he fakes the punt and throws an interception, the defender would be credited in the defensive stats.

Offensive play, IMO.

That same accounting would occur if the punter kicks the ball, it gets blocked (technically a change of possession), he then picks it up and throws it for a touchdown.

It's a special teams play. It has the special teams unit on the field. Special teams allignment. It's special teams. Just because he throws it doesn't suddenly make it not special teams. Just like when a guy intercepts a ball on defense, its not suddenly an offensive play if he scores.

What if the coach keeps the identical offensive unit he had in on the last play and replaces the QB with the punter? There aren't players on the bench whose positions are listed as "special teams". How do you determine when the special teams unit is on the field?

Because it is a special teams play. If the punter gets under center, then its an offensive play. But if he is set to put the ball, and fakes it, its a special teams play. Its not an offensive play. You run it in a special teams situation. Thats like saying, well a car is kind of like a truck, it does the same thing. No its not, its a car. Thats its name. Car. Special teams. That's its name. It's speshal.

Top Bottom