Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Ephedra BANNING very soon!! Bye bye Xenadrine, etc...

Mr H

Elite Mentor
Platinum
If you're a user you should stock up right now because it looks like sales will be stopped very soon.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2003/0219/1511383.html

Congressman calls for ban of ephedra sales

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press


WASHINGTON -- A New York lawmaker called Wednesday for an immediate ban on sales of the diet drug ephedra after the spring training death of a 23-year-old Baltimore Orioles pitcher.

Rep. John Sweeney, R-Clifton Park, said ephedra, already banned by the NCAA, the NFL, and the International Olympic Committee, is too dangerous for athletes.

Pitching prospect Steve Bechler collapsed Sunday during a spring training workout in Fort Lauderdale and died after his temperature soared to 108 degrees. The Broward County medical examiner said Bechler was taking a product containing ephedrine, the active ingredient in ephedra.

"Baseball has nowhere to hide anymore," said Sweeney. "How many young men have to die before someone wises up and bans this junk?"

Sweeney said he is sending a letter to the Food and Drug Administration asking to halt all sales of ephedra products until Congress holds hearings on the issue.

He also wants Congress to end over-the-counter sales of products containing ephedra, arguing the current loose regulatory requirements endanger not just professional athletes, but teenagers and non-athletes trying to lose weight.

Sold as a dietary supplement under numerous brand names, ephedra speeds up metabolism, but can make it harder for the human body to stay cool.

Broward County medical examiner Dr. Joshua Perper said Bechler was taking Xenadrine RFA-1, which contains ephedrine.

Perper has urged baseball to ban use of the substance.

Preliminary autopsy findings indicated Bechler died from complications of heatstroke that caused multi-organ failure, Perper said.

A full toxicology report will be needed to determine exactly what role ephedrine played in Bechler's death.

Baseball officials have said they will wait to make a decision about the substance until more is known about the circumstances of Bechler's death.

Sweeney said MLB has dragged its feet on the issue, making it "incumbent upon Congress to take a look and act, not just wait."

New York State Assemblyman Felix Ortiz, D-Brooklyn, who has held hearings on safety concerns of dietary supplements, said he would push for a statewide ban of ephedra, and urged Congress to ban it completely.
 
No need to worry, there will always be some company producing ephedrine (maybe even some underground labs-crazy idea eh!!).
 
I've been taking that stuff 3-4 times a week for the last 2-3 years, and I'm not dead.
 
me too. problem is if you are predisposed to heart conditions, over heat yourself or dehydrate, it can be bad.

They will yank it, just because they can. stock up now. This will be the new hot item once it is off the shelf.
 
I only use it as a preworkout stimulant. If they outlaw it, I may as well just start taking speed. If you have to break the law, you may as well get your money's worth, lol. ;)
 
So they are getting rid of ALL it's use now? Pure form Epherdra is already off the market, correct?

It'll just be like Epherdra free Stacker 2..... PPTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTF! :)

That's ok... We'll BAN them here too!! :)

C-ditty
 
OK I'm gonna sound like a dick here but, They never said how much he took plus (and I hate to speak ill of the dead) he was a fat fuck pitcher. Why does a pitcher who's bodyfat is that of a seal need XE anyways. Pitchers walk (key word "walk") on a baseball field they don't need to use XE. XE only helps you burn fat if your help yourself. Taking a fistful of anything isn't gonna help you if your ass doesn't walk more than the distance from the dugout to the mound. I'm sick and tired of people banning shit because a couple of people used it wrong or shouldn't have used it at all. Do they ban cigs and alcohol NO, WHY? cause they make money off it. More people die and kill others in alcohol related issues than with guns and steroids combined. (This isn't factual but I'm sure I'm close, if not fuck me then).
 
Hey Citruscide, I think everytime I see one of your posts you have a different avatar, lol. :D
 
little chris said:
OK I'm gonna sound like a dick here but, They never said how much he took plus (and I hate to speak ill of the dead) he was a fat fuck pitcher. Why does a pitcher who's bodyfat is that of a seal need XE anyways. Pitchers walk (key word "walk") on a baseball field they don't need to use XE. XE only helps you burn fat if your help yourself. Taking a fistful of anything isn't gonna help you if your ass doesn't walk more than the distance from the dugout to the mound. I'm sick and tired of people banning shit because a couple of people used it wrong or shouldn't have used it at all. Do they ban cigs and alcohol NO, WHY? cause they make money off it. More people die and kill others in alcohol related issues than with guns and steroids combined. (This isn't factual but I'm sure I'm close, if not fuck me then).

They said he was dieting and trying to slim down before the season started. Another O's pitcher had a diabetic episode and collapsed today. I think it's more a case of being an Orioles pitcher than a case of ephedrine.
 
Citruscide said:
So they are getting rid of ALL it's use now? Pure form Epherdra is already off the market, correct?

It'll just be like Epherdra free Stacker 2..... PPTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTF! :)

That's ok... We'll BAN them here too!! :)

C-ditty

I mean, if I'm reading this correctly everything will be gone. What diet pills don't contain ma huang in one way or another?

That's a huge industry being closed down right there. One must wonder what life will be like without seeing a Xenadrine ad on TV or hearing a TrimSpa ad on Howard Stern ever again :)
 
It is amazing how this happens guys...this is no coincidence...first the insurance companies (for some odd reason, my boss mentioned pharmaceutical lobby influence) put pressure on the supp companies to drop ephedra products or risk being dropped.

After this happens, this piece of shit sweeney who just HAPPENS to be supporting another bill to take DHEA off the market (so it can be sold for much more $$$ as a pharma 'drug'), decides to push for the banning of ephedra too....which coincidentally happens to be the biggest competitor to pharmaceutical diet drug sales (which have killed far more than ephedra by a longshot.)

This current form of goverment is complete shit....nothing is done out of a genuine concern for our welfare, do not be fooled. Let's review the list of banned supplements:

L-tryptophan: Very effective sleep aid and anti depressant. Very safe, bad batch made by Japanese company, FDA removes from market permanently. Pharmaceutical sales of sleep and anti-depressant drugs undoubtedly improve.

GHB: Perhaps a less safe substance, once sold as a nutritonal supplement, now sold by a pharma company under the name Xyrem for treating narcolepsy.

Ephedra: Statisically one of the safest, most effective and natural CNS stimuant fat burners of it's kind, causing massive inroads into pharmaceutical supplement sales...finally is removed from the market. Sweeney sponsors this bill.

DHEA: A virtually side effect free hormone, with a very large multitude of anti-aging and general health benefits for a range of people, somehow gets itself thrown into a bill to be removed from the market by congress. Sweeney also sponsors this bill. Coincidentally, a pharma company is looking to use this to treat Lupus, according to Fonz.


BTW, Rep. Sweeney as I understand it was a coach at a college football school. I remember seeing the weight numbers of some of the players... obviously they were juiced....I wonder where Sweeney's concern for natural athletics was then?
 
little chris said:
OK I'm gonna sound like a dick here but, They never said how much he took plus (and I hate to speak ill of the dead) he was a fat fuck pitcher. Why does a pitcher who's bodyfat is that of a seal need XE anyways. Pitchers walk (key word "walk") on a baseball field they don't need to use XE. XE only helps you burn fat if your help yourself. Taking a fistful of anything isn't gonna help you if your ass doesn't walk more than the distance from the dugout to the mound. I'm sick and tired of people banning shit because a couple of people used it wrong or shouldn't have used it at all. Do they ban cigs and alcohol NO, WHY? cause they make money off it. More people die and kill others in alcohol related issues than with guns and steroids combined. (This isn't factual but I'm sure I'm close, if not fuck me then).

I am in total agreement. They said this guy didn't train correctly(which means not at all) during the previous off-season and now he was probably using the drug to make up for a shitty diet. I have little sympathy to offer and to the people who want to use ephedra as the scape goat---curse your ass!!

SuKY
 
Also wanted to add in case missed, that if the hypocrital Sweeney was TRULY concerned with the health of his constituients and others, he WOULD NOT BE PUSHING FOR THE BANNING a proven anti-aging nutrient like DHEA.
 
slobberknocker said:
Hey Citruscide, I think everytime I see one of your posts you have a different avatar, lol. :D

Yes, I recently changed it, as I think it may have been sending a message I did not agree with. :)

-- Mr.H -- yeah, I mean isn't there something else that is the SAME EXACT thing as Eph but different??? I am not up to speed on "natural" supplements LOL :)

C-ditty
 
How many people are going to die from second hand smoke and victims of drunk driving before they ban cigarettes and alcohol? It's no different than willingly taking a supplement that can cause ill effects, taking into consideration that the person knows what effects it can have.

Why is it that athletes are singled out of the total population? Thousands die every year from alcohol related incidents, as well as other diseases related to smoking. But do they raise any concern? The F***ING GOVERNMENT!!! I just don't understand it.

Little Chris said it exactly!!!
 
This sucks ass.

You know, i wish I knew CGI and HTML better.

I own the domain ...

www.keepephedralegal.com (there is nothing there yet, so don't bother)

I would gladly pay for the site and collect a database of name/city/state of people submitting the info electronically, to be sent to lobbyists working with supplment companies.

Imagine having the lobbyists armed with like TONS of names!

I just wish I knew HTML and CGI better. It would take me several weeks to slug through this.

What would kick ass even MORE would be if a person submitted their name, email, city, state, zip (no street adrres I dont want people thinking they would get snail mail, argh!) and have them not only enter in their info to the database, but also cross refernce their zip code with their congressman, and reference that congressmans email address, complete with a standard letter - ready to send - supporting the cause!

DAMN, I wish I knew HTML and CGI. LOL

Imagine having lobbyists armed with tens of thousand of names! Imagine congressman getting SWAMPED WITH EMAIL in support of this cause!

I would put up the cash for the site, and mange the lists, I just need the HTML and CGI stuff.
 
This is total fucking bullshit. We lose more and more of our freedom everyday and we don't do a damn thing about it. Banning ephedra is so fucking contradicting to so many fucking things that there is absolutely no fucking intelligent thinking behind it.

Our Governments policy:
Ban ephedra since it kills 2 or 3 people a year, but hey, keep those cigerettes rolling in, they only wipe out a couple a million a month. Unfuckingbelievable.
 
Surgical said:
How many people are going to die from second hand smoke and victims of drunk driving before they ban cigarettes and alcohol? It's no different than willingly taking a supplement that can cause ill effects, taking into consideration that the person knows what effects it can have.

Why is it that athletes are singled out of the total population? Thousands die every year from alcohol related incidents, as well as other diseases related to smoking. But do they raise any concern? The F***ING GOVERNMENT!!! I just don't understand it.

Little Chris said it exactly!!!
I could not possibly agree more. They ban prohormones, they ban ephedra, they ban nor-epinephrine, but cigarettes, chewing tobacco and alcohol are legal. Hell drinking and driving is legal to a certain BAC. Do they not understand that too much of anything is harmful. Look at how many people cause health problems from OTC medicines. Advil should be banned also. Next on the list to be banned: butter, crisco, multivitamins, and eventually water. It's only fair. :mad: :confused:
 
Excessive use of McDonalds linked to cardiac diseases and other health related issues. DEA raids McDonalds nationwide to confiscate contraband known as "big macs with cheese" on the street.
 
I wonder,

what do you think are the MAJOR brand-named products which use Ephedra in its various forms?

Xenedrine?
Metabolife?

what else?
 
whoa whoa.....i hope the govt doesnt read this, theyll prob try to outlaw that shitg too....dont give me any ideas.....shit ill be stocking up on my trimpspa and xenadrine in this case
 
actually pitchers have to run a lot, that's most of what they do beside throw, to strengthen their legs, push off harder off the mound, throw harder
 
Sigmund Roid said:
So do yourself and the rest of the world a favor, and vote on democrats next time.

I'd rather stick a twelve-gauge, 4" pin in my eyes than vote Democrapic.
 
Although I am a conservative, it seems the only political party in this country with any common sense on the issues of drugs, guns, jails, military, foreign aid, etc. is the Libertarian Party. I am tired of this hypocritical government, both Democrat and Republican, who fucking base their decisions SOLELY ON WHO IS GIVING THEM THE MOST MONEY. Cigarettes kill thousands upons thousands each year, but as long as the tobacco industry/lobby funnels campaign donations to politicians, no one will think of banning them. Also, what about thousand upons thousands of people who die each year from drunk driving accidents alone, along with all the deaths related to alcholol (kidney, liver damage, obesity, etc). But the companies producing ephedra based products give very little, if no, campaign donations, so because a few moronic people a year die from overdosing on Ephedra, now Ephedra must be banned. But hundreds of thousands of people can continually die from the effects of more dangerous substances like cigarettes and alcohol. Fuck the government. Also, while I am at it, if the politicians wanted more dangerous ingestible substances to ban that are MORE OF A HEALTH RISK TO A PERSON THAN EPHEDRA, here' s a list:

1. Cigarettes (from the nicotine that is purposely put into them to make people addicted to them, to the carcinogens that cause lung/throat cancer, etc. cigarettes are one of the most lethal poisons ever created)

2. Alcohol (the effects of alchol on the body are almost as bad as the effects of cigarettes on the body, but what puts them into the same category as cigarettes is also that thousands of people die in alchohol related driving accidents every year)

3. Sugar (this crap, which is put in purposely high amounts in candy, cakes and even McDonald's French fries and their hamburger buns, is extremely addictive. It causes obesity by way of a one-two punch: First, it makes people addicted to foods that are extremely high in fat, calories and CARBS! Even the low fat snacks have shitloads of carbs and SUGAR that replace the fat. Secondly, the high level of sugars in these shitty foods, taken over a long period of time, causes DIABETES. Diabetes can lead to diminished blood circulation, poor eyesight, etc.

------To me, Mr. TWINKIE is just as dangerous as JOE CAMEL----
 
maybe

I'm just paranoid but isnt therea BIG ASS WARNING LABEL ON ALL EPHEDRA PRODUCTS????

Christ it takes up like half the label, aint it about time people are allowed to make there own choices. READ THE LABEL!!

I mean you aint banning cigarettes but you are banning ephedra? Both have warning labels, but one kills 400,000 people a year while the other just dozens(most often from abuse and not following label instructions)!

Somebody please explain the logic in this. Why are cigarettes not banned state to state but ephedra is. Its insane!!!!!!!!!

I'm not saying ban either one. I'm saying they both have dangers and warning labels but one is being banned and one you can get with proper ID. Do the same thing with ephedra. Make people have to show ID for it. THATS THAT!!!
 
SING IT LOUD SURGICAL!!
I love this country and wouldn't wanna live anywhere else but its time for people to start taking responsibility for there own actions.
You smoke 2 packs of cigs a day for 40 years your gonna get cancer. Drink a 5th of vodka everyday for 25 years your gonna get sorocisis. Eat slop food all your life your getting a Quadruple bybass by 50. If this is the so-called land of the free then leave us the fuck alone. I'm not saying we need anarchy but stop babying us. If the gov wants to then set a 21 age for everything and educate the doctors more so athletes who wanna improve themselves can legally and properly. Make steroids and performance inhancing drugs illegal makes them 10 times more danngerous because people begin shopping on the black market where you never really know what your taking. We (athletes, bodybuilders, etc) are not druggies, burnouts, losers. We are a group of unfairly judged perfectionists going against an uneducated and ignorant goverment with a 30% bodyfat.
 
Top Bottom