Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does anyone else do this?

Smurfy said:
Or is my mind just messed up?

Ok, so watching the Olympic trials over the last few days - women's gymnastics and today, women's diving. Anytime I watch feats such as these, its hard because i cannot stop myself from imaginig them having a tragic accident. i.e. gymnast doing their routine on the balance beam, doing a back flip or something and landing on their head and breaking their neck.
or a diver jumping up and bouncing on the board and their wet feet slip on the end of the board and they crack their heads open and fall into the water.

its like im scared something bad is going to happen to these people and my mind gets stuck on it.

anyone else get this kind of anxiety?

You must be fun to go on adventures with?

PuddleMonkey said:
Aren't they all like 14?
No puddles your missing out bro! I am so excited about this gymnastic team in the Olympics!! Were going for the Gold!!

Alicia Sacramoni is HOT!!!

Last edited:
Beachboy6294 said:
No puddles your missing out bro! I am so excited about this gymnastic team in the Olympics!! Were going for the Gold!!

Alicia Sacramoni is HOT!!!

Picture%2039(5).png

sacramone-med.jpg

Last edited:
Smurfy said:
Or is my mind just messed up?

Ok, so watching the Olympic trials over the last few days - women's gymnastics and today, women's diving. Anytime I watch feats such as these, its hard because i cannot stop myself from imaginig them having a tragic accident. i.e. gymnast doing their routine on the balance beam, doing a back flip or something and landing on their head and breaking their neck.
or a diver jumping up and bouncing on the board and their wet feet slip on the end of the board and they crack their heads open and fall into the water.

its like im scared something bad is going to happen to these people and my mind gets stuck on it.

anyone else get this kind of anxiety?

I watch those events actually hoping something like that will happen. Maybe there is something wrong with me.

I try not to watch gymnastics much because most of the girls are <17yo and it makes me feel like a dirty old man. :worried:

Cheers,
Scotsman

Smurfy said:
she's young. if she's interested in it, just let her do it. if she enjoys it, let her do it until someone says "sorry your daughter is too tall" (not going to happen)

i was avg height and i was a freshman in HS (age 14) and about 5'4 (maybe shorter?) when i injured my knee/

Yes, that woould be the plan. thanks.

I get very uncomfortable watching that stuff. It makes me cringe when I see them mess up. "Here she is... going for the dismount.. she's been practicing all her life for THIS moment..." and BAMMM flop!!! She falls! oops. Seriously, it bothers me to see them fail like that. Same thing with figure skating. I cringe when they mess up during the performance. My wife thinks it's funny. No, she doesn't. But I do tell her that it bothers me to see them mess up.

I also don't like uncomfortable situations even in a sitcom. I know it's fake, yet I still cringe when there's tension or whatever in the room. WEhh.

Another example is a newscast or television interview where 2, 3 or more people are being interviewed. When they interupt each other and no one knows who's turn it is to talk. Stuff like that bothers me. When the interview doesn't flow smoothly it BOTHERS me. I stress out over things like that.

Yep, GL > weirder than Smurfy.

Another... Satellite delays during an interview where the person stops talking, then the other starts, then stops, because the first guy didn't finish, then starts again, stops... "OK, you go"... "No, you!" ARG!!! Stress!

gonelifting said:
Yes, that woould be the plan. thanks.

I get very uncomfortable watching that stuff. It makes me cringe when I see them mess up. "Here she is... going for the dismount.. she's been practicing all her life for THIS moment..." and BAMMM flop!!! She falls! oops. Seriously, it bothers me to see them fail like that. Same thing with figure skating. I cringe when they mess up during the performance. My wife thinks it's funny. No, she doesn't. But I do tell her that it bothers me to see them mess up.

I also don't like uncomfortable situations even in a sitcom. I know it's fake, yet I still cringe when there's tension or whatever in the room. WEhh.

Another example is a newscast or television interview where 2, 3 or more people are being interviewed. When they interupt each other and no one knows who's turn it is to talk. Stuff like that bothers me. When the interview doesn't flow smoothly it BOTHERS me. I stress out over things like that.

Yep, GL > weirder than Smurfy.

Another... Satellite delays during an interview where the person stops talking, then the other starts, then stops, because the first guy didn't finish, then starts again, stops... "OK, you go"... "No, you!" ARG!!! Stress!
I get anxious about all the same stuff!!!
news interviews - i get uncomfortable thinking the person will stutter or make a fool out of themselves on national television (likely because i would if i were them)

Im just as weird as you are

omg yes to the skating - i imagine them falling or wiping out constantly. cant watch it!

oh also - people driving motorcycles. when i see a motorcyclist, i just KNOW they're going to wipe out and die. i cant stop myself from imagining it and it makes me very anxious while im driving if there is a motorcyclist around me. so i do my best to stay away from them that way if they do crash, i wont run them over as a result

yes im weird!

*high fives* smurf!

It would be funny to watch a show (naked) together and both be stressing out. "omg watch out, don't fall! oh shit, she fell. get up, don't die!" lol

Top Bottom