Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Countdown to Competition Log......

• Thread starter Thread starter Aries13
  • Start date Start date
so I've been trying to figure out a diet plan so that I can keep cutting, maintain, and hopefully do a lot better for a contest a year from now. My main goal is to maintain overall muscle mass and drop body fat. I am not sure of how training will play into the day since I dont have a job yet BUT I am going to be doing at least 4 days of am cardio(on emty), 2 days cardio post workout (total 6 days of cardio) + 5 days weight training....maybe even 6. I want to work out 6 days a week with one day off + one cheat meal per week.

I had a debate with MH about what cardio is best. I will not be using ANY diet pills/stimulants...so AM cardio will be a DRAG. He is saying that there is not a big difference between am cardio and later in the day. I thought that am cardio is done on empty so the body can use fat stores for energy. Am I right about this?? Should I just stick to am cardio or does it not matter??? The mission this summer is to get the lower body REALLY cut up!!! I want this ass gone and my leg muscles showing darn it!!!! LOL

So here's what I cooked up. PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT and let me know what you think. Should i try a different split other than 40/30/30??? Less or more cals?? All that good stuff......

10-12 X weight(lbs) in calories-

1500-1800 calories

40% CHO/30% Protein/30% Fat

600-720 calories CHO........150-180 grams CHO per day

450-540 calories Protein.........115-135 grams Protein per day

450-540 calories Fats.........50-60 grams Fat per day

Sample day:

Meal 1: 8egg whites, 1/2c oatmeal (splenda + cinnamon)
Meal 2: 6oz. Yogurt, 1c strawberries/fruit
Meal 3: protein (yields 20-30g), carb serving (yield 30g carbs) ex... 5oz. Chicken breast,1 Large apple
Meal 4: 1oz. Almonds, 1 medium apple/yield 1c fresh fruit or veggies
Meal 5: 5-6oz. Fish/ protein source, 1c broccoli (green veggie source), small sweet potato/carbs yield 20-30g
Meal 6: 1oz. Almonds (fat source...peanuts,NPB,cashews), 1scoop whey (yield 15g Protein-any source)

Example day Totals :

Calories: 1634
Carbohydrate: 181 grams, 586 calories, 40%
Protein: 122 grams, 487 calories, 33%
Fat: 45 grams, 401 calories, 27%

Aries13 said:
He is saying that there is not a big difference between am cardio and later in the day. I thought that am cardio is done on empty so the body can use fat stores for energy.

If you consider that you've burned thru your "carb based" energy during a weight lifting session and then do cardio, you're essentially in an "empty stomach" state. Further you can consider yourself "empty stomach" if you're beyond roughly 2.5 hr since your last meal -- if food metabolizes w/in that time, your last meal should've been mostly metabolized by then. Or if you have a non-fat meal prior to your cardio, carb + protein should be metabolized in even less time. To that end you can sit & debate which is "optimal", but the general state of no carb-energy available is there post training or prior to your next scheduled meal.

And here I am... nothing too great. I will be BETTER next year!

:spit:

Nothing too great - Good gawd girl, you look awesome!! If you're "not too great" then there's not much hope for the rest of us...

You should be extremely proud of yourself. Now go out there and kick some a$$ next year! :qt:

^^^Exactly

Check out those splits!!!

...and yellow got 2nd????? I'm no expert but I'm surprised about that.

Wow girl you looked (and I am sure you STILL do - heehee) awesome!!

I am going to have to agree with Mermaid on this...I think you should have rolled on past the girl in the yellow!! :bigkiss:

Top Bottom