Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Console versions of Crysis supposedly looking better than PC version

hanselthecaretaker

High End Bro
Platinum
Nick Jones

Crytek's Cevat Yerli talks about making Crysis for Xbox 360 and PS3.

Published on Sep 29, 2011

Gamers have waited for years to play landmark PC shooter Crysis on console. Next week they will get their chance when it's released on Xbox 360 and PS3.

We've been speaking to Crytek's Cevat Yerli about converting the famously power-hungry FPS to consoles.

We asked Yerli if the finished product on consoles ran at the specs he would like. He told us, "Yeah, it runs at the same fidelity as Crysis 2, but the frame rate is a solid 25-30, it’s not a 60fps game. It feels very fluid on consoles, and we’ve also made an effort in remastering the content for consoles."

Yerli added, "What I mean by that is we’ve given it a whole new lighting path, quite a few new special effects, we’ve added the Nanosuit 2 controls, and all of this has added to, as well as improved the experience."

But how does it compare to the PC version of Crysis?

"I want to be clear: when I say the console versions look better than Crysis on PC, I mean that as a factual thing, not in terms of technical specifications."

Crysis will be released on PS3 and Xbox 360 on 4 October for £15.99 and 1600MSP respectively.

Crytek: 'Crysis On Console Looks Better Than PC Version' - NowGamer

On second thought, uh....no-
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/9029/crysisvs1.jpg

Gotta love marketing hype. Come to think of it, it's kinda ironic that PC gaming's steady decline has coincided almost perfectly with the rise of XBox's popularity. Before Xbox, it was consoles that got PC ports. Now it's pretty much the exact opposite, save for a rare exception like this.

No, it's not better business/development/common sense making "all versions the same", because it only decreases PC hardware sales and encourages piracy of crappy ports, if people even bother to play them at all.

The funny thing is, Microsoft could blow the lid off PC gaming's potential and make more money than all the consoles combined, and all they'd have to do is charge royalties for making Games for Windows. Instead all they did was make their own generic version of Steam...actually not even that anymore. Now it's just going to be Xbox Live for Windows 8.

Oh Microsoft, when will you learn.

Video comparison speaks volumes of truth-

Click the header bar on top and watch on youtube in 1080p to really see the differences.

Last edited:
Top Bottom