Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Congratulations to the 2002 Super Bowl Champion St. Louis Rams

thermo said:
Reality! Nobody has what it takes to stop this teams offense. The greatest show on turf will not lose in there own house on carpet period. Soon they travel to New Orleans for the Super Bowl, which is another carpet stadium, no way.

WHHHHOOOOOAAAA!!!!!!!!

Slow down there Cowboy!!! One game at a time!!

Hopefully the Rams have the same Cocky attitude you do......
.....because attitudes like that make great upsets!!!

~toga

Go Green Bay!! :)

Last edited:
huntmaster said:

You dont reeeeeallly think so, do you??

Having watched the last 3 games between the 2 teams, with the Bucs winning 2 and coming within an improbable Ricky Proehl catch of winning the other, I can say that the Bucs have a great deal of confidance when they play the Rams. Unfortunatley for Tampa, they can't beat the defense-oriented teams, with style similar to their own.

I honestly think the Bears defense matches up the best against the Rams O. I don't think you'll find a faster team at the linebacker position than the Bears. Urlacher is probably the fastest linebacker in the game, if not than definately one of the top 3. Rosie Colvin has 10 sacks this year and he's fast. Warrick Holdman is fast as hell too and was battling for leading the team in tackles with Urlacher all season. These 3 combined have to be the fastest linebacking core in the whole league. Then you have Keith "Tractor" Trailor and Ted "Mount" Washington filling up the inside lanes and freeing up the speedy linebackers. These 2 are almost always doubleteamed. Their DB's have picked up the pace this year and have developed into a solid group. The defensive ends would be playing containment against the run (faulk) to the outside. Chicago usually only blitzes 3 guys on the pass rush and it's been working all year. Their special teams are probably the best in the game and their punter, Brad Maynard, is one of the best in the league this year. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pack ended up beating St. Louis anyway. I'm hoping for it actually.

The Bears/Eagles should be an intersting matchup. For some reason I see the Bears having a hard time scoring against the Eagles defense. But I think if the Bears use Urlacher as a spy against Donovan McNAbb, it will elimante the big plays that the Eagles survive on and really make them hard-pressed to move the ball. In a close, low-scoring game, I think the Bears win due to homefiled advantage. Their playoff run will end the next week, against either the Rams or Packers. They won't be able to score enough points to stay with either of them.

Actually Colvin will be the spy this week. You know Urlacher will be keeping his eye on him too. The defensive ends won't be pass rushing that much and will focus on containing McNabb too. The magic number for the Bears offense is 13 points. When they score 13 or more they are undefeated this year. Nobody from either team has been jawjacking this week. They're both showing up with respect for the other side. Chicago will try to run the ball down their throats. Chicago's D is 2nd against the run, trailing right behind Pitt. Philly is 18th in the league against the run.

I hope the Packers win too and we get to see the third matchup between them this year. It'd be great if Chicago got revenge in the oldest rivavlry in football, better yet for the NFC Championship too.

It's really a battle between the 2 best D's in the league. The only real stat that matters is points allowed and the Bears are #1 with 12.7 per game and Philly with 13. Followed by Pitt with 13.2 and GB and Baltimore tied at 16.6, then you have St. Louis and New England at 17.1 and 17. The only team without a top defense at this point is Oakland (20.4).

Last edited:
thermo said:
Latimer,
Want to make a bet? Winner buys loser hat of choice on nfl.com. The hats run about 20 bucks plus shipping, so your lookin at 30 bucks.

Ill take Phily +2.5, with St Louis -10. You'll have Chicago -2.5, and Green Bay +10.

Winner has to go 2-0 to win the hat. 1-1 is a push. Want to make the bet official?

When i win, you can grab up the NY Jets sideline hat and have it shipped to my house, ill give you the info after my horses come in.

Post up if you want to bet it.

I'm your huckleberry. Fuck a push, in the event of a push we pick the total on the Super Bowl and the closest to the number wins, regardless if you picked over the total.

Top Bottom