Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Coming Into Focus: Rumsfeld OK'd Prisoner Program - AP, NewYorker

Hangfire said:
Only the naive and the hypocritical are shocked. I know those stories play right into the hands of the Bush-haters, but is there anybody here who really believes that interrogation consists of polite questioning? Is there anybody here who really believes that it should? If the choice is between lives wasted or kid-glove handling of prisoners, the choice is easy.
Yep...you're still and idiot.

Hangfire said:
It is naive to think that there is never anything more than harsh language used to obtain information from the enemy.

So because it's status quo, that makes it ok? Even though officials endorsing the abuse publicly reassured the nation detainees would be immune to such treatment pursuant to governing international law, the UCMJ and the collective standards of decency the nation holds it's Armed Services to?

Hangfire said:
I can't buy an "expose" that is based entirely on annonymous sources.

You mean like the purported Iraqi WMD evidence that the US went to war on?

Hangfire said:
How could the perception of America be any worse than it was before?

How about reaffirming US Government hypocrisy embodied in a contrite Presidential apology condemning the heinous acts of 'a few', which later turned out to be the work of executive Government and senior-ranking military officials.

If you don't think that's going to further damage American perception in the Middle East, you're delusional.

Hangfire said:
It is naive to think that there is never anything more than harsh language used to obtain information from the enemy. We all want to be safe, but we don't want to know what goes on behind closed doors to keep us safe. I'm not outraged by any of the reports of aggressive interrogation techniques used by the U.S. military.
Fucking shit.

Rumsfeld FAILED to maintain the veil of morality covering up "what goes on behind closed doors to keep us safe". If you value a good leader, you should be disappointed by Rumsfeld. He absolutely did not accomplish what he was supposed to accomplish.

Hangfire said:
We all want to be safe, but we don't want to know what goes on behind closed doors to keep us safe.
I love misplaced cynicism. You are a complete fucking fool.

You associate torture of prisoners with "keep us safe". As if someone decided to torture prisoners with the selfless motive of "keeping Americans safe at home".

In EFFECT maybe torture somehow indirectly protects some specific Americans. And that is what you are probably thinking of claiming if I am guessing correctly.

My friend, YOU are the naive one. Intelligent people understand the psychology behind the situation far enough to value honor and dignity. Your morals are devoid of value.

buddy28 said:
So because it's status quo, that makes it ok? Even though officials endorsing the abuse publicly reassured the nation detainees would be immune to such treatment pursuant to governing international law, the UCMJ and the collective standards of decency the nation holds it's Armed Services to?
No, the actions of the few U.S. soldiers that abused Iraqi prisoners is not OK. That type of abuse is not U.S. policy. My point was that aggressive interogation tactics ARE necessary and ARE used to extract important information. The real professionals aren't abusing prisoners of war just for their own entertainment. They do employ tactics designed to break down the enemy and get what they want. Nobody could call it torture, though and there is no evidence of physical torure. Best I can tell from credible sources, some Iraqis got their feelings hurt and were embarrassed.

You mean like the purported Iraqi WMD evidence that the US went to war on?

That again? You mean the same information Great Britain and Spain assessed and found credible? It was not from anonymous sources--it was from collective military intelligence.

How about reaffirming US Government hypocrisy embodied in a contrite Presidential apology condemning the heinous acts of 'a few', which later turned out to be the work of executive Government and senior-ranking military officials.

If you don't think that's going to further damage American perception in the Middle East, you're delusional.

The so-called heinous acts were the work of a few--not the policy of the defense department. Regardless of public rhetoric, the Arab countries dislike the U.S. because of our support for Israel. That has always been the case and this prisoner-abuse case isn't going to create hatred where it did not already exist. The Arab countries' coopoeration with the U.S. is the result of political and economic calculations--nothing more.

plornive said:
Fucking shit.

Rumsfeld FAILED to maintain the veil of morality covering up "what goes on behind closed doors to keep us safe". If you value a good leader, you should be disappointed by Rumsfeld. He absolutely did not accomplish what he was supposed to accomplish.

Disappointed by Rumsfeld? You must be joking. By any measure, the operation in Iraq is a success. Unless you are determined to ignore the obvious results, there is no way you can say Rumsfeld failed.

plornive said:
I love misplaced cynicism. You are a complete fucking fool.

You associate torture of prisoners with "keep us safe". As if someone decided to torture prisoners with the selfless motive of "keeping Americans safe at home".

In EFFECT maybe torture somehow indirectly protects some specific Americans. And that is what you are probably thinking of claiming if I am guessing correctly.

My friend, YOU are the naive one. Intelligent people understand the psychology behind the situation far enough to value honor and dignity. Your morals are devoid of value.

What torture? Emotional and psychological abuse for sure, but not torture. If you really believe that maintaining a facade of your notions of honor and dignity takes precedence over the mission of defeating the enemy, then you are the fool. It is time to for you to grow up and understand what goes on in this world.

Hangfire said:
What torture? Emotional and psychological abuse for sure, but not torture. If you really believe that maintaining a facade of your notions of honor and dignity takes precedence over the mission of defeating the enemy, then you are the fool. It is time to for you to grow up and understand what goes on in this world.

Now I know you don't have a clue. Sodomizing prisoners with broomsticks doesn't constitute torture? Plus the rumours are that the yet to be released photos contain rape and even murder.

As for the 'mission' in Iraq being a success..........BWAHAHHAAHA what defines success for you?

Let me guess, a brutal dictator has been removed from power. True and good riddance but that's not why your President said he was putting American lives on the line was it?

and where are all the Iraqis with flowers for the 'liberators'? Does it look like Iraqis wanted to be 'liberated' by Americans?

Where are those pesky WMD? Nice try......

Where are the 'links' to Al Quaeda in Iraq? There were none. Oh, there are some links to Al Quaeda in Iraq now but only in response to dubya 'The Holy Christian Crusader' Bush and his band of merry war mongers.

So, how is the loss of hundreds of American lives and 10's of thousands of Iraqi civilian deaths as a result of an invasion based on lies and a personal agenda on the part of the President of the United States constitute a success?

What a joke

Top Bottom