Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cavs pick up Shaq

iggy

Elite Mentor
Platinum
Traded last night.

Cavs get:
Shaq

Suns get:
Sasha Pavlovic
Ben Wallace
Cavs 46th (2nd round draft pick) and 500,000k

one year deal but the 37yr old o'neal is looking for an extension

discuss.

Cavs really lose nothing in the deal, IMO. Shaq had a surprisingly good year this season. Cavs got raped by D Howard in the playoffs, which Shaq may have helped a little bit (he's not much on D anymore, though and D Howard would run the fucking floor all over his old/fat ass). In the East, I like the trade for one year. Maybe it'll be the thing that pushes the Cavs past the "philadelphia eagles in the playoffs" stage (always a bridesmaid, never the bride).

This also now puts two of my most hated NBA players on the same team, so yay for me.

I'm not sure I see the point. Does adding a washed up Shaq, who will be good for one year at best, do anything to convince Lebron to sign a long-term deal?

I'm not sure I see the point. Does adding a washed up Shaq, who will be good for one year at best, do anything to convince Lebron to sign a long-term deal?

If they win a ring, it might. The goal of every NBA team is to win a championship, period. Forget what might happen the next season. For this season, why would you not want to make your team better?

TITCR

And I dont think the biggest problem with the Cavs was their lack of a legit center...I think it was that, aside from LeBron, nobody really came close to contributing anything meaningful.

Compare that with the Magic who each game had a different player blow it up.

If they win a ring, it might. The goal of every NBA team is to win a championship, period. Forget what might happen the next season. For this season, why would you not want to make your team better?
If they win a ring Shaq retires anyway. Rings with 3 different teams? Bye! Whether they do or not The King leaves.

If they win a ring Shaq retires anyway. Rings with 3 different teams? Bye! Whether they do or not The King leaves.

but what does that matter, dude? i don't understand the point of analyzing a trade based on the season AFTER the traded player plays? obviously they only expect him to play one year and that's all they need.

but what does that matter, dude? i don't understand the point of analyzing a trade based on the season AFTER the traded player plays? obviously they only expect him to play one year and that's all they need.
If you're signing Shaq for one year and nothing else? GREAT TRADE! If you're looking for a big man to convince LJ to stay past next year? Epic Fail.

Top Bottom