Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Canada and hockey...

PsychoSkitz said:

If hockey was limited to Canada and it was to Americans what lacrosse is I'd venture to say that nobody would know who Gretzky, Lemieux, etc were.

Yes, America did make him a world superstar.

I mean no disrespect but that's the stupidest thing I've read on this thread. I read the whole thing and I saw what everybody has to say. Gretzky was a lot bigger during his Edmonton days than he was in Los Angeles or New York. Yes, I agree that the US teams have more power because of the money, the population is bigger so the televison contracts are bringing a lot more money. It remains that Montreal is the greatest hockey town in the world; they are selling more seats than anybody else in the league but they can't pay the salaries of big hockey stars because of the tax rate in the province of Quebec. The people in Montreal sticked to them even if they were losing their matches and their big players. This is what I call real fans! Americans can buy anything they want; it's sad but it's true. They are trying to crash the competion. Americans always want to be on top of everything; all we ask for is recognition. Canada is a better hockey country and you don't know how big it is in Montreal; Americans actually want to ignore our rich history. Hockey is the greatest sport in the world for many reasons. nuff said.

Canada has a rich history?

I watch a lot of History Channel and I don't see much on Canada. Oh wait, I did see something about the RCMP once.

you are out of your fucking mind. soccer is the world's sport and if you took a poll of every person who cares about sports. i bet soccer would be ranked as the number one sport.

didn't they have a world cup hockey tournement and didn't the usa beat canada? and if the usa did win, i bet most americans don't know about it because we don't give a shit.

Code said:
Canada has a rich history?

I watch a lot of History Channel and I don't see much on Canada. Oh wait, I did see something about the RCMP once.

Ha ha! you watch history channel! That'S a good one. And I was talking about our Canada's rich history: Hockey's history! Can you dig that? Oh, and yeah soccer is a lot more popular than hockey but it's a lot less entertaining. Hockey regroups speed, agility, raw power, strategy, intensity, quick play, FIGHTS and a lot more than two goals per game! It doesn't surprise me Americans don't care about hockey because they prefere getting fater and fater all the time eating fast food. Watch in our stands, there is no ugly fat guy wearing nothing but red, white and blue paint on his body. I would be so ashamed of it. Canada doesn't put on any fat ugly women on TV during talk shows because they slept with their boyfriend'S father or whatever. It's so dirty! I have some more good examples but I think I'll stop right there.

Funny you should mention fat girls and Canada, because the only Canadian joke I know goes like this:

What do you call a female Maple Leaf fan who weighs 350 pounds?

Anorexic.

So let me get this straight, a Canadian's use a different metric than their superior's?

Top Bottom