Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Boxing: Joe Calzaghe v Mikkel Kessler

I'm a HUGE boxing fan (waiting for 11pm to watch the showtime fight on HD) so I'll be watching with great interest. Calzaghe is an all time great pound for pound fighter IMO, he always shows up with at least a B performance and in his biggest fights he's brought his A game, I expect he'll bring his A game and make Kessler look silly. Jeff Lacy was for more heralded before their fight than Kessler, people forget Lacy was considered unstoppable--- "a supper middleweight mike tyson" and Calzaghe made him look like a 12 year old girl.

Calzaghe TKO11

BIGBUCK$ said:

Just watched the prefight interview of Kessler and he's very confident. Not just the usual rubbish but he appears genuinely convined he'll win this...and he looks in excellent shape so it could be close.

What a fight, great win by Calzaghe who now has to be one opf the all time great fighters...over a decade undefeated. Kessler was TOUGH though.

Great fight! Calzaghe is legit. I thought he showed tremendous heart by withstanding some great shots from Kessler. I was questioning Calzaghe's punching power because he looked like he was slapping and not firing with authority. However, he had Kessler badly hurt by a body punch and the ref broke up the action to warn him for no reason (around round 7)... WTF!?! this fight could have ended in knockout much sooner. I still cannot believe that Kessler can be both taller and thicker than Calzaghe. Kessler was one dimensional and showed very little head movement (typical european style) and Calzaghe shredded him with the jab.

-flash.

hawaiianflash said:
Great fight! Calzaghe is legit. I thought he showed tremendous heart by withstanding some great shots from Kessler. I was questioning Calzaghe's punching power because he looked like he was slapping and not firing with authority. However, he had Kessler badly hurt by a body punch and the ref broke up the action to warn him for no reason (around round 7)... WTF!?! this fight could have ended in knockout much sooner. I still cannot believe that Kessler can be both taller and thicker than Calzaghe. Kessler was one dimensional and showed very little head movement (typical european style) and Calzaghe shredded him with the jab.

-flash.

Best supper middleweight there's been having been champion for so long? Calzaghe now to move up to light heavyweight and he wants Bernard Hopkins...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7077707.stm

I was going to watch the fight and look for something I liked in Calzaghe. Seeing as I hadn't seen him fight much and when I did - there was something I didn't like. Well, I watched the fight - this man has a chin made of granite. He took two upper cuts straight to the jaw and he didn't budge - very impressive. He is faster than I thought too. I still think he's off balance too much and too ticky tack at times, but he's a tough tough boxer to beat.

Kessler's not done. That kid is good. Get some upper body movement going and he'll be great. He punches like a freight train.

reno240 said:
I was going to watch the fight and look for something I liked in Calzaghe. Seeing as I hadn't seen him fight much and when I did - there was something I didn't like. Well, I watched the fight - this man has a chin made of granite. He took two upper cuts straight to the jaw and he didn't budge - very impressive. He is faster than I thought too. I still think he's off balance too much and too ticky tack at times, but he's a tough tough boxer to beat.

Kessler's not done. That kid is good. Get some upper body movement going and he'll be great. He punches like a freight train.

Yep he took some huge shots and i think Calzaghe himself that said after the fight that Kessler will only improve and go on to great things. Calzaghe wasn't completely at his best in this fight though but he still won comfortably in the end despite such a good show from Kessler. He's calling out all the best American boxers at light heavyweight now so it will be interesting to see how those fight goes. He wants to retire in 12 months and is looking at 2 major fights in that time to get the recognition he deserves.

jd_uk said:
Yep he took some huge shots and i think Calzaghe himself that said after the fight that Kessler will only improve and go on to great things. Calzaghe wasn't completely at his best in this fight though but he still won comfortably in the end despite such a good show from Kessler. He's calling out all the best American boxers at light heavyweight now so it will be interesting to see how those fight goes. He wants to retire in 12 months and is looking at 2 major fights in that time to get the recognition he deserves.

He needs to line up Hopkins, maybe Winky, and maybe Pavlik. He can beat all three easily. Only Pavlik would have a punchers chance but Pavlik is slow compared to Calzaghe, very slow.

RJJ is a chump who avoided Calzaghe for years and doesn't even deserve the paycheck to step in the ring and lick Calzaghe's boots so he is not on my list of fighters who should step up.

I also give a ton of respect to Hopkins. He up there in age and has always been willing to step in the ring with anyone and that is the trait of a true champion.

Top Bottom