Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Boxing: Joe Calzaghe v Mikkel Kessler

biteme said:
Maybe because he's a southpaw? He domimanted every round over Jeff Lacy who was an olympic champion.. The dude is for real... So is Hatton, who I watched beat the great Kosta Tszu. Can't wait for that fight either.
I'm a southpaw - so I don't think that's why. I don't know - I'll watch this fight and see if I can't find some redeaming qualities. :)

I really think that Mayweather kicks the shit out of Hatton. In my opinion - Hatton is never in this fight. Lets not forget Tszu was coming off a shoulder injury and a long lay off.

reno240 said:
I'm a southpaw - so I don't think that's why. I don't know - I'll watch this fight and see if I can't find some redeaming qualities. :)

I really think that Mayweather kicks the shit out of Hatton. In my opinion - Hatton is never in this fight. Lets not forget Tszu was coming off a shoulder injury and a long lay off.

Either way we've got 2 great fights coming up between 4 long time undefeated champions. You can't ask for better than that.

Just went to the weightin this afternoon. Great atmosphere and Kessler struggled to make the weight...had to strip naked to make it. Bit of pushing and shoving between ther boxers but it was all hype. Michael "Let's get ready to rumble" Buffer was awesome telling all the women to look away when Kessler stripped off.

Will try and post video off phone if i can get it off there.

jd_uk said:
Anyone watching it on Saturday night? Predicitions? Kessler is unbeaten and holds two belts but i'm guessing Calzaghe will win as usual and retire unbeaten.

This is an awesome fight and the type that boxing needs. I've seen Calzaghe fight several times and he is legit. He has great speed, power, and throws punches from all angles. However, he gets a bit cocky on defense and can be hit. If Calzaghe doesn't break his hand, he'll win this one quite easily. I'm predicting a 116-112 unanimous decision for Calzaghe.

I'm a bit more interested in the Cotto vs. Mosely fight... I have know idea who'll win that one.

flash.

hawaiianflash said:
This is an awesome fight and the type that boxing needs. I've seen Calzaghe fight several times and he is legit. He has great speed, power, and throws punches from all angles. However, he gets a bit cocky on defense and can be hit. If Calzaghe doesn't break his hand, he'll win this one quite easily. I'm predicting a 116-112 unanimous decision for Calzaghe.

I'm a bit more interested in the Cotto vs. Mosely fight... I have know idea who'll win that one.

flash.
Agreed on the Cotto fight - I pick Mosely in a late round knockout

hawaiianflash said:

flash.

Have you seen Kessler fight? I'm not so confident that Calzaghe will win comfortably (Kessler seems very up for it and also has an excellent record) but then it's hard to doubt Calzaghe.

jd_uk said:
Have you seen Kessler fight? I'm not so confident that Calzaghe will win comfortably (Kessler seems very up for it and also has an excellent record) but then it's hard to doubt Calzaghe.

Kessler is a huge supermiddleweight. Wow... his arms are massive and I wonder what weight he will be tomorrow night. His photos from the weigh in are impressive. I've seen highlights on you tube of his fighting but haven't seen a full fight. He's fought nobody's and his biggest win is against Mundine (not that great). I'm making my prediction that speed and power (Calzaghe) will beat power (Kessler).

-flash.

hawaiianflash said:
Kessler is a huge supermiddleweight. Wow... his arms are massive and I wonder what weight he will be tomorrow night. His photos from the weigh in are impressive. I've seen highlights on you tube of his fighting but haven't seen a full fight. He's fought nobody's and his biggest win is against Mundine (not that great). I'm making my prediction that speed and power (Calzaghe) will beat power (Kessler).

-flash.

Yep he has got big arms for a super middleweight...Calzaghe on the other hand doesn't do any weights at all.

Weigh-In Pics: http://www.eastsideboxing.com/forum/showthread.php?p=687699

reno240 said:
Agreed on the Cotto fight - I pick Mosely in a late round knockout

I've never given much credit to Cotto but he has done much better since moving up in weight.

Mosley is a bit crusty. I expect a KO by Cotto.

Calzaghe will beat the crap out of Kessler who has a padded record.

Hatton will win by KO or PBF will win on the cards by corrupt judges.

Top Bottom