Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Boxing: Joe Calzaghe v Mikkel Kessler

jd_uk

Anyone watching it on Saturday night? Predicitions? Kessler is unbeaten and holds two belts but i'm guessing Calzaghe will win as usual and retire unbeaten.

jd_uk said:
Anyone watching it on Saturday night? Predicitions? Kessler is unbeaten and holds two belts but i'm guessing Calzaghe will win as usual and retire unbeaten.

THose are 2 white dudes huh? One from Germany?

biteme said:
THose are 2 white dudes huh? One from Germany?

Yep. Fighting in front of 60,000 fans in my home city of Cardiff. Should be a good fight by all accounts. Many people are calling it the biggest fight in the world although maybe Hatton v Mayweather will overshadow it. Either way Calzaghe will retire a legend if he wins and retires.

http://stage6.divx.com/user/Philhaj/video/1210827/Joe-Calzaghe-vs-Jeff-Lacy (A reminder of Calzaghe destroying Jeff Lacy well worth the watch...also contains the Manfredo fight.)

Last edited:
jd_uk said:
Yep. Fighting in front of 60,000 fans in my home city of Cardiff. Should be a good fight by all accounts. Many people are calling it the biggest fight in the world although maybe Hatton v Mayweather will overshadow it. Either way Calzaghe will retire a legend if he wins and retires.

http://stage6.divx.com/user/Philhaj/video/1210827/Joe-Calzaghe-vs-Jeff-Lacy (A reminder of Calzaghe destroying Jeff Lacy well worth the watch...also contains the Manfredo fight.)

I've never seen Kessler fight but when you look at WHO both of those guys have fought I would have to say based on their records, and quality of opponents, Calzaghe should win. RJJ and quite a few American boxers have totally avoided Calzaghe.

I think Hatton/Mayweather will be an excellent fight. Mayweather is an assh*le but the man can move and box. Hatton is very aggressive though and I think he can move forward and clutch and jab faster than Mayweather can move back and maneuver. It will be a good fight and it will either be a KO by Hatton or a decision by Mayweather.

I can't wait for Pavlik Taylor II. That fight was just down right amazing. Pavlik, despite his appearance, can throw a goddamn punch!!

The Old Vet said:
RJJ and quite a few American boxers have totally avoided Calzaghe.

This i think is true but many Americans try to see it the other way around.

jd_uk said:

I've been watching tape. Calzaghe is a bad mother.. I wanna see this fight.

I have seen Calzaghe a few times - and for some reason there is something I don't like about him. He seems off balance and too ticky tacky at times. I have never seen Kessler fight so I can't make a prediction for this fight - but I will be watching. I just hope these two beat the crap out of each other (i.e. Ward vs. Gatti)

reno240 said:
I have seen Calzaghe a few times - and for some reason there is something I don't like about him. He seems off balance and too ticky tacky at times. I have never seen Kessler fight so I can't make a prediction for this fight - but I will be watching. I just hope these two beat the crap out of each other (i.e. Ward vs. Gatti)

Maybe because he's a southpaw? He domimanted every round over Jeff Lacy who was an olympic champion.. The dude is for real... So is Hatton, who I watched beat the great Kosta Tszu. Can't wait for that fight either.

jd_uk said:
This i think is true but many Americans try to see it the other way around.
They may have - but lets not just assume it's because they were afraid of him in the ring. If they did avoid him - it could have everything to do with money.

Top Bottom