Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Boxing/Cardio... while on?

tommboy

While on can I do boxing/ cardio to burn some fat? I want to gain LBM while keeping/ lowering BF. Will boxing/cardio help me do this or just hinder my gains since I will bulking. Best time to do this or can I just box whenever. I planned on just doing it whenever, (3 times a week) Also to get out anger if I have any.

tommboy said:
While on can I do boxing/ cardio to burn some fat? I want to gain LBM while keeping/ lowering BF. Will boxing/cardio help me do this or just hinder my gains since I will bulking. Best time to do this or can I just box whenever. I planned on just doing it whenever, (3 times a week) Also to get out anger if I have any.

On cycle is the best time to up your cardio because you won't really be affected by the catabolic effects. If you do cardio already, just maintain........if you want to up your cardio you should be fine......If anything the cardio will prevent you from getting Lee Priest fat during a bulker....

DIV

:chomp:

tommboy said:

I jump rope 30-40 minutes 3-4x a week and twice a week I hit the heavy bag. 100 2 punch combos, 100 3 punch combos, then I do 10 minutes of pure body hooks. You'll get good strength and develpoment in your delts and back while on a cycle. Have fun.

make sure you account for the calories you will expend and the calories to recover and you will probably see better lbm gains then if you did nothing. so long as you dont go overboard with it but 3x a week is fine.

i wouldnt do it first thing in the am and if you do it late at nite make sure you eat.

good luck

Judo Tom said:
make sure you account for the calories you will expend and the calories to recover and you will probably see better lbm gains then if you did nothing. so long as you dont go overboard with it but 3x a week is fine.

i wouldnt do it first thing in the am and if you do it late at nite make sure you eat.

good luck
Good point....I would be a little concerned with the calories burned. Boxing is highly aerobic and very caloric depleating. If this is your choice for cardio.....excellent decision. Like Tom wrote, just remember to eat, eat, and eat. Best time of the day....I used to do it on my lunch breaks for 30 minutes. This was plenty of cardio for me.

Good luck and enjoy!

im not sure what the number is for cardio or boxing so to speak but ive read that for lifting in general if you burn 200 cals while working out that it takes 600-800 cals to repair the damage you did and i think that includes rehydration and glucose transport and all that stuff.. it is probably a bit lower for cardio as that was the whole point behind this article (lifting burning more total cals then cardio)

there are also numerous studies to show that doing some cardio will increase the gains on your cycle.. so long as you dont over do it.. and that is something different for each person based on there body and conditioning.

good luck

Why not in the am?

if you burn 200 cals while working out that it takes 600-800 cals to repair the damage you did and i think that includes rehydration and glucose transport and all that stuff

How does this work exactly?

Snypr said:

Why not in the am?
if there is one time that you are most likely to go catabolic or go very catabolic it would be working out first thing in the am and if your trying to bulk you are better off waking up and having a meal or two before working out then eating a few times again after the workout.

i dont think its a big deal either way especially if you just eat or take a shake before your am workout.

Top Bottom