Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bodybuilder to Football player

Sebass67

Say a guy like Quincy Taylor. If he did football specific stuff for like a year do you think he or any other bodybuilder can be transformed into a football player and play for a professional team?

They would have to do a lot of speed and explosive strength work. Most bodybuilders have a higher percentage of slow twitch muscles from years of training slowly with good form. While bodybuilders have impressive physiques, they would probably lack the speed and agility to play the game at a high level. Football is all about speed, strength and power, which is different kind of training. A lot of speed is genetic too. Not everyone is meant to run a 4.5 40 yard dash and have a 38 inch vert. ..

Can u imagine though..say Quincy Taylor goes to 10% bf...he would be a 300 pd fullback! Damn...he doesn't need to be that fast or strong. Just for the sake ofr scaring the shit out of people.

Mike Katz, from Pumping Iron (1977), played for the Jets before he went into bodybuilding, but that is the opposite of what you are talking about. Anyways I thought it would be funny, but now that I read it, it's not funny. O well

Yeah , you are completely wrong!
Actually I don't think he did, I do know he did the whole strong man thing, maybe that's what you are thinking about.

Quincy Taylor would get bitch slapped by todays pro football players. I would love to see Ray Lewis lay his big ass out!

Peyote Killa said:
Yeah , you are completely wrong!
Actually I don't think he did, I do know he did the whole strong man thing, maybe that's what you are thinking about.

I was skimming through his autobiography in a book store a few years ago and I thought I saw something about that. I know that he did do the strong man thing- that's not what I'm thinking of. I probably am wrong though- I've never heard it mentioned since.

Top Bottom