Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bobby Petrino, biggest snake ever?

jestro said:
Umm, except the players that spend most of the year in the NBA, like Ginobli, who's team won it a couple years ago. There are PLENTY of international players in the NBA.

I never mentioned anything about there not being plenty of international players.
But on each international team...maybe what, 1 or 2 max in the nba? Maybe a couple more with the Argentine team having so many nba players now (Oberto, ginobilli, etc). Still doesn't negate the fact most of these guys have played with each other forever on the same team. They don't have major overhauls of their roster like the US team does. Besides, how long really has this international wave of players gotten big? 4 years ago when we realized the rest of the world was pretty good too?

The leagues international players play in are very small, with less games. And they are ALL very commited to playing for their international teams. With as long as the NBA season is, most players basically have to play all year if they join the olympic/int. team which is why as of late, the talent hasn't been as great(no Kobe, KG etc until recently).

calveless wonder said:
I never mentioned anything about there not being plenty of international players.
Man, it's tricky arguing with you, cause you ignore my point, then go off on a rant. I said there are a lot of international players who spend the majority of the year over here, which means they aren't spending that much time with the national team.
That being said, the last time we did ok, I think Coach K was a good choice. I saw alot of the FIBA games this summer, and the team looks pretty good. I don't think you there's any way you can claim that they don't have enough superstars. Good enough to beat puerto rico, but we'll see.

calveless wonder said:
did you just skip over the entire part about me discussing team chemistry and the USA team's inopportunity to build it, or do you just pretend not to acknowledge it?

like i said, these euro/argentine teams have played together for years. It's a big thing for them. We just draw up a roster with talent, stick them together for a couple of weeks and give them a coach 90% of them have never played for.

It's like assembling a hyped version of the knicks roster and putting them on the floor :(

chemistry > talent alone anyday

no. . .i didn't skip over it. . .i just don't believe it's that important. . .and if it is, then i suppose i'd still win the argument since free-agency has significantly watered down the whole "chemistry" thing anyway. . .imho, the issue has nothing to do with chemistry perse. . .instead, i believe that 98% of the players in the nba have abandoned the fundamentals for the highlight reel. . .and it's gone on for so long now that when they are faced with a team of fundamentally solid players, they have no idea how to play them. . .we worship the slam dunk (much like the beloved wwe suplex, which is a comic book derivative of the actual freestyle wrestling move pronounced soo-play). . .they worship the x's in the "W" column. . .

borris knows half the offensive line for Ohio University. (Mac Div 1A baby!!)

Top Bottom