Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Article about NCAA graduation rates

4everhung said:
my school won a couple of NAIA basketball championships
only 2 players DIDN'T graduate in 15 years
what school?

Dial_tone said:
Exactly. If a player transfers from A Univ to B Univ but graduates in 5 yrs, he still counts AGAINST A Univ's graduation rate. Not to mention that graduation rates for the general student population are around 40%.

Bors,

I played D-1 ball, and these statistical anomalies notwithstanding, the players are getting assplowed; pushed through a school they would not otherwise qualify, kept eligible by tutors, friends, and wink-and-nod professors.

It's a scam.

MattTheSkywalker said:
Bors,

I played D-1 ball, and these statistical anomalies notwithstanding, the players are getting assplowed; pushed through a school they would not otherwise qualify, kept eligible by tutors, friends, and wink-and-nod professors.

It's a scam.

I somewhat agree, but I was simply stating that you can make numbers say/do anything. Those numbers mean NOTHING to me unless I have all the information needed to know what they really mean.

Razorguns said:
The players can't even get so much as a new car and it's against league rules.

Ever seen the parking lot of an athletic dorm?

Boosters are pretty free with the cars, cashola, and fluff summer jobs.

Mr. dB said:

Not at the highly ranked schools. People are all over that shit. You can't get away with that like you could in the fab five days

Mr. dB said:

uh.. no... not since UCLA got busted with everyone driving new SUVs..

you can't even accept a free shirt.

Mr. dB said:

Maybe it's reverted back again. Back in the day, they were crackin' down hard on all the "performance and signing gifts" colleges were handin' out.

Players being more focused on arguing about wanting this reward and that reward in head offices, then focusing on the game, is what warranted it.

You'd even have gf's of these guys stormin' into offices cuz the rival gf of the other player got this and that, and her man didn't get this (translation: SHE ain't driving a nice escalade).

Top Bottom