Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

are baseball cards worth any decent money

• Thread starter Thread starter nclifter6feet6
  • Start date Start date
N

nclifter6feet6

i have some old cards and alot of other baseball cards around late 80's are they worth any money. i heard they are worthless i got a 1953 topps i believe ted williams i think 5 years ago in a price guide it was like 700 bucks. ive got shaquile oneals rookie and a bunch other good basketball cards. i really wanna sell this shit though

BASEBALL CARDS CAN BE QUITE LUCRATIVE ACTUALLY. I HAVE KEN GRIFFY JR.'S ROOKIE CARDS. I ALSO HAVE MARK MCQUIRE'S RATED ROOKIE CARD. IN ALL I HAVE ABOUT 20,000 CARDS.

KAYNE

PS...SELLING THEM NOW WOULD BE AN ENTIRELY STUPID THING TO DO.

Last edited:
late 80's shit: junk

53 Williams???? Topps didn't have a Williams card that year-he was exclusively signed to Bowman at the time. If it's a yellow card then its the 54 Topps. If it is in great shape, then it's worth your time and money to get the card graded by a professional grading service..then you might be able to get some really good $ for it.
-The Shaq stuff I'm not familiar with, but I would recommend looking at ebay and seeing what comparable stuff brings and maybe after researching that trying to sell them online yourself--a dealer wouldn't give you 50% catalog for most things and try to cheat you on the grade of the card. If you have a scanner, ebay is a great way to go....

i bet alot of people do reprints with all the technology out now and fake the cards. i would think that most cards are worthless because i remember seeing a few months back on this shopping channel there were selling the best old cards for dirt cheap prices now i never ever see them sell old cards or any network selling sports memoribilia like that. ive also got a base ball with mickey mantel stan musual and yogie berra on the same ball but no certificate of authenticity:( but its real signatures. ive got barry bonds rookie. ive got about every players rookie card it seems.

I haven't priced any of mine in a long time. I have 4 pages in one of my books filled with Griffey Jr.'s rookie cards. I have the complete Topps sets from 1986-1993, I think. I have various complete sets of Fleer and Donruss. I got out of it a long time ago, but I would never think about throwing them out or giving them away. I'll just hold onto them for another 30 years or so. I know my Big Mac rookie cards went down because of Bonds. Do they still print Beckett's monthly? I should grab one and check out the suggested prices.

Mdguy said:

you should change "CAN BE" to "WERE" The card market is depressed...oversupply

I'M SPEAKING OF CARDS THAT ARENT PRODUCED ANYMORE. CARDS THAT I HAVE ARE, AND STILL WILL BE, WORTH A LOT OF MONEY IN THE FUTURE. I HAVENT BOUGHT ANY CARDS SINCE ABOUT '92-93.

ALL THE NEW STUFF MAY BE OVER SUPPLIED BUT THE OLD STUFF ISNT.

KAYNE

Top Bottom