Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone watching the heavyweight championship. Klitchko vs. Williams?

biteme said:
A lot of people would agree with you there. He was the ultimate fighting machine. Built like a pit bull with the same ferociousness and tenacity.

Tyson in his prime would kill anyone........of any era.

I'd like to see Ali dance his way through a fight with Tyson.........would never happen. He might get by a few rounds that way, but eventually he'd get hit with a few bombs and would go down.

DIV

:chomp:

The Heavyweight division has been dead for years. You have to open up to the lower weight classes.

Anyone see the last Barerra, Morales fight? Now those are the fights to watch. Total wars in the ring.

Heavyweight Boxing is brutal to watch, it's like it's in slow motion.

DIVISION said:
Tyson in his prime would kill anyone........of any era.

I'd like to see Ali dance his way through a fight with Tyson.........would never happen. He might get by a few rounds that way, but eventually he'd get hit with a few bombs and would go down.

DIV

:chomp:

Yup!

Tyson did well cause no one ever got a decent glove on him ... not saying that he was weak but he had no heart...against someone like Sonny Liston , Joe Louis, Primo Carnera or Max Baer then fuhgeddabout it...Max Baer killed two guys in the ring with his right and often enjoyed being hit - often retiring to his corner laughing through a mouthful of blood. Tyson had fantastic hand and head speed...even against agian like Lennox Lewis Im not sure if he had enough.

Max Schmeling
"Max Schmeling was a shy man of extremely humble origins who came of age amidst the glitter and turbulence of Berlin's 'Golden Twenties'. As the heavyweight champion of Europe, his career inevitably brought him to America. Arriving in New York he won the world title after victories over Johnny Risko and Jack Sharkey in 1930. He defended it the next year but lost it to Sharkey in '32 in a blatantly unfair decision. Four years later, he was imported as a sacrificial lamb for the invincible Joe Louis. Although a 10-1 underdog, Max Schmeling scored what some consider the upset of the century.

Joe Louis won the rematch on 22 June, 1938, in one of the most discussed fights of all time - and also one of the briefest. The fight was portrayed as the battle of the Aryan versus the Black, a struggle of evil against good .."
http://www.auschwitz.dk/schmeling.htm

biteme said:
It appears that Klitchko is the first legitimate white heavyweight champion in many years. He's the best in the division. He was beating Lewis on points (No one had ever done that) before the fight had to be stopped because of a nasty cut. Not an explosive fighter, but neither was Lewis, just very effective and accurate boxer/power punching big men.

I watched that fight, almost smashed my tv on that bullshit call.

Klistcho was dominating the fight and had that punk Lewis woppling when the ref called the fight on cuts.

I've seen way worse cuts than that and the fight not be called.

That's also why Lewis doesnt want to fight Klistcho, he wants to "retire".

TC2 said:
I watched that fight, almost smashed my tv on that bullshit call.

Klistcho was dominating the fight and had that punk Lewis woppling when the ref called the fight on cuts.

I've seen way worse cuts than that and the fight not be called.

That's also why Lewis doesnt want to fight Klistcho, he wants to "retire".
same here

4everhung said:
Max Schmeling
"Max Schmeling was a shy man of extremely humble origins who came of age amidst the glitter and turbulence of Berlin's 'Golden Twenties'. As the heavyweight champion of Europe, his career inevitably brought him to America. Arriving in New York he won the world title after victories over Johnny Risko and Jack Sharkey in 1930. He defended it the next year but lost it to Sharkey in '32 in a blatantly unfair decision. Four years later, he was imported as a sacrificial lamb for the invincible Joe Louis. Although a 10-1 underdog, Max Schmeling scored what some consider the upset of the century.

Joe Louis won the rematch on 22 June, 1938, in one of the most discussed fights of all time - and also one of the briefest. The fight was portrayed as the battle of the Aryan versus the Black, a struggle of evil against good .."
http://www.auschwitz.dk/schmeling.htm

Sadly that story is an unfair representation of what really occurred - Max paid for Joe's funeral....
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078167/

"Someone once said of Joe Louis, "he is a credit to his race, the human race". In an age when we consider someone like Mike Tyson to be a champ, I really wish Joe were still with us. This man was a champ in and out of the ring. I saw this film over twenty years ago and still remember how good it was. Casey and Macht did a wonderful job bringing Joe and Max to life. People have forgotten the symbolism involving their 1938 rematch. Hitler had siezed power and was threatning the world. People saw this as a fight for America. Joe wasn't just fighting for his title and to avenge his defeat, he was fighting for all of us. What is so interesting is that they cast Max as the evil Nazi (people literally danced in the street when he was knocked out) but Schmeling was never a member of the Nazi party and he actually helped save a lot of Jews from the Holocaust! This is something that is not well known. Another fact that is not well known is that after their fights, Joe Louis and Max Schmeling became the best of friends! They were friends until the day Joe died. Max Schmeling is still alive today. He is almost one hundred years old. Someone asked him if he had any regrets and he said he had but one. I only wish Joe were still alive and we were still friends."

I pulled that blurb form a holocaust rememberance site
Max had an american jewish manager(smart man)
he survived the war as a German paratrooper and fought a few more times
nothing impressive,but made enough money to buy a coca-cola dealership

Yeh I noticed that man - still tis a great story about great men with big hearts - I was quite a fan of Tyson in his day believing him to be capable of taking some heavy shots but the truth was he was so fast that he always unbalanced his opponents - against someone like the giants mentioned above or someone with ridiculous heart AND ferocious power I dont think that would be enough - I mean the guy has never even been cut heavily in the ring.

Klitscho is just that - a big Ukranian with a long reach and great conditioning - an aggressive heavy punching fighter would pin him to the ropes. Right now he's the best but like the guys were saying - a Tyson in his prime and no chance.

Top Bottom