Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone here able to help with poor hamstring stretch progress?

Burning_Inside

Elite Mentor
I have been diligently stretching my hamstrings/glutes/lower back for about an hour daily, 5 days per week for a good 3 months now. Progress is absolutely horrible. The main stretch I do is where I'm seated on the edge of the bed, the leg im stretching is flat out on the bed with my other foot planted on the floor. I simply bend over and stretch, mainly feeling it in my glutes and the area directly behind and to the outside of my knee. I continue doing this for about half hour. Eventually i can get my chin to touch my knee after the half hour.

Now when I get up, (even after stretching for only a minute or so, since sometimes i vary the length of the hold) everything is very stiff and it takes 20 seconds or so for things to loosen up. I can then go walk downstairs and come back a minute later to continue the stretch and I will be damned if It doesnt take me another 20 seconds to get my chin back to my knee.

That is just in the short term. In the long term, day to day, there is practically no progress., it takes literally about the same time to reach my current peak every day. I have taken days off, or 2 days off from stretching to see if things are better after taking time off thinking maybe every day is too much, but it seems to be worse if anything the more days go by that i dont stretch.

I'm beginning to think there is seriously something "wrong" with my muscles as this is just ridiculous. I dont understand how the muscles have not been able to stretch and are still so tight after putting more time into this than most sane people do. The reason ive been so diligent is because I have herniated disc issues and Ive been told stretching the hamstrings and lower back is of course a good thing to do and may relieve back pain, but.......

Top Bottom