Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anybody Ever Tried Blood Loading?

UltimaThule

Anybody tried this? In Austrailia it is legal for the Special Forces to practice it.I havent read that much about it .Curious to know peoples experiences.

Last edited:
Well,I did a bit of searching and I was surprised that I could not find any good articles.With all the posts about increasing endurance I thought this was appropriate.I thought the idea of blood loading was a little too hardcore for me 4 years ago when i first heard about it ,but I would consider trying it if it is truely effective.I definately am not interested in EPO and question whether or not winny is effective for increasing endurance.As far as the anabolic steroids especially known for increasing red blood count,blood loading seems like it would be better because you could measure the increase.
Of coarse no drug will ever substitute hard edurance exercises/training ,but endurance aids have always interested me.
In the sports i do ,all the big muscles in the world dont mean anything if you dont have gas in the tank.

To my surprise I actually found the same article about the Austrailian military useing this technique.It was virtually the only article I could find on the subject.

URL: http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v98.n812.a06.html
Newshawk: Ken Russell
Source: Sydney Morning Herald (Australia)
Pubdate: Fri, 18 Sep 1998
Author: James Woodford, Defencve Correspondent

TROOPS GET THE ALL-CLEAR TO DOSE UP ON ENERGY DRUGS

Australian troops have been officially cleared to use performance-enhancing chemicals, including drugs, and methods banned by international sports authorities, to improve their physical and mental strength.

Guidelines on the use of the substances and techniques have been issued to the commanders of Australia's special forces units - the Special Air Service Regiment, 1 Commando Regiment and 4th Battalion Royal Australian Regiment.

The senior nutritionist at the Defence Science and Technology Organisation, Mr Chris Forbes-Ewan, said that unlike in sport "all's fair in love and war".

"What we are trying to gain is an advantage over any potential adversary," Mr Forbes-Ewan said. "What we will have is a head-start."

Commanders and doctors have now been given advice on the use, dosage, benefits and side-effects of performance enhancers including:

Blood loading, illegal for Olympic athletes. The technique involves taking between up to a litre of blood from a soldier and putting it in deep freeze. Over a period of days the soldier will make up for the loss of blood and then, before the battle or exercise, when endurance is required, the blood is infused back into the veins. Instead of having the usual four or five litres of blood the soldier has five or six.

Creatine powder, a naturally occurring substance in the muscles which stores high-energy phosphate.

Caffeine, which in doses equivalent to six or seven cups of strong instant coffee leads to significant improvements in endurance.

Oral rehydration drinks containing electrolytes and carbohydrates.

Ephedrine, banned in sport but which, in combination with caffeine, seems to give a bigger boost that either ephedrine or caffeine.

Modafinil, invented as a medical aid for people who have sleep problems but also helps people such as soldiers keep going on all-night missions . The decision to issue the guidelines follows surveys of special forces troops, revealing that more than 50 per cent of soldiers are using, without authorisation or supervision, energy boosters and performance aids, which scientists call "ergogenic aids".

Most of the aids used by soldiers were simple and harmless substances that were available legally. No evidence of steroid use was uncovered.

Scientists have ruled out about 50 other performance-enhancing substances, including steroids.

If you have found this post unique, informative and interesting ,karma is much appreciated.Thank you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom