Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any boxers in the house? What's the hardest punch in boxing?

biteme

MVP
EF VIP
Is it the overhand right? the left hook? The short uppercut? I'm guessing the short uppercut because more power is generated at a shorter distance and you can get your whole body into that punch.

From a biomechanical standpoint, I'm guessing it's the overhand right due to the amount of extension, allowing more potential sequential summation of force.

Boxing experts and those of his era, say that Rocky Marciano was the hardest puncher in boxing. His punches were short and in close. Actually the shorter a punch travels, the more power. So the long overhand right is not as powerful as the shorter punches thrown with bodyweight and torque.

Ring magazing ranks the 3 hardest punchers in history as Marciano, Joe Louis, and Jack Dempsey. I would have thought Big George would have been in the top 3. But that's their ranking. Size only matters up to a certain point.

id say the overhand right because when your bones line up at full extension, you deliver not only the force behind the muscles of your torso/upper body but any body momentum/leg force/gravity as you drop

I boxed for 7 years and have no idea. All I know is whenever someone hit me hard enough to get that electrical buzz going through my brain, it was always a hook.

That said, its more important where you connect on a persons body

Top Bottom