Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A ? For you Legal Eagles

Chosser

Ok, so 2 nights ago, someone wrote "Your car is shitty" in permanent marker on my car. I just got into an accident and still have not gotten the dent fixed or the area painted over, but for some reason this irked me. So yesterday, I wrote something under what he wrote. So last night, I am looking out my window and I see someone stop out in front of my car. I walked down the stairs and looked out the window and saw a pretty big guy start to write again, so I snuck out and got behind him. When he turned around, I grabbed him by his neck, slammed him as hard as I could against my car and suplexed him onto the ground. Well, he became unconscious and I called the cops. Anyway, turns out this little punk is 18 years old and I was wondering if he could sue me since I threw the first punch so to speak. All I did was slam his head into the car once and hip tossed him. Well, he didn't bleed much and the good news is that I slammed his head into the already dented portion of my car, so that won't cost me. Am I safe from being sued since he was defacing my property or not?

Both of you COULD sue, but probably won't. Did you approach with the intent,mens rea, to assault him?? Doesn't sound like it. There is such a thing as grevious insult. Since he was writing on your car, for the second time, you could say you were protecting your property and struck him because you were so insulted at his actions :)

Guards - "Did you approach with the intent,mens rea, to assault him?? Doesn't sound like it."

Chosser - "When he turned around, I grabbed him by his neck, slammed him as hard as I could against my car and suplexed him onto the ground. Well, he became unconscious and I called the cops."

What story were you reading Guards???

:FRlol: :FRlol: :FRlol:

--

Chosser said:
Ok, so 2 nights ago, someone wrote "Your car is shitty" in permanent marker on my car. I just got into an accident and still have not gotten the dent fixed or the area painted over, but for some reason this irked me. So yesterday, I wrote something under what he wrote. So last night, I am looking out my window and I see someone stop out in front of my car. I walked down the stairs and looked out the window and saw a pretty big guy start to write again, so I snuck out and got behind him. When he turned around, I grabbed him by his neck, slammed him as hard as I could against my car and suplexed him onto the ground. Well, he became unconscious and I called the cops. Anyway, turns out this little punk is 18 years old and I was wondering if he could sue me since I threw the first punch so to speak. All I did was slam his head into the car once and hip tossed him. Well, he didn't bleed much and the good news is that I slammed his head into the already dented portion of my car, so that won't cost me. Am I safe from being sued since he was defacing my property or not?

This is hilarious!

:FRlol: :FRlol: :FRlol:

You need to talk to an attorney. There is alot of variation between states regarding defense of property laws etc. There are several attorneys on the board...you might address it to them. Litig8r is a DA, RyanH is graduating law school and there are some others I can't think of.

Chosser said:
When he turned around, I grabbed him by his neck, slammed him as hard as I could against my car and suplexed him onto the ground. Well, he became unconscious and I called the cops.

A lesson to be learned here.

Next time you spy on someone defacing your car from your window - shoot them. (*cough* shoot to kill next time so he can't call the police.)

...I'm really not a violent person - except when it involves my car.

Re: Re: A ? For you Legal Eagles

velvett said:

A lesson to be learned here.

Next time you spy on someone defacing your car from your window - shoot them.

Well damn! We actually agree on something.

*golf clap*

Top Bottom