Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

4/26 NHL series San Jose vs Detroit

• Thread starter Thread starter Spartacus
  • Start date Start date
FriendlyCanadian said:
I liked how micheal jackon got 45 bets! haha.

thanks for the link.
early days bullshit
doesn't happen around here much anymore

detroit's coming back
the oddsmakers did make them a decent favorite for the series

I was bored and i missed all of yesterdays bets so i'm eager to lose some karma. This series looks like the Redwings will take it but i think it will go 7 so Spart wins one, House 1 karma bookie junkies 2 in series bets, but wait not to quick heres an article of some hope for the San Jose bets. Found it at Fox anyone who follows hockey has probably already seen the article.

Most teams spend this time of year trying to avoid the golf course. But the San Jose Sharks and the scratch golfer behind their bench have seemed downright eager for a tee time while blowing a lead in all three of their losses to the Detroit Red Wings.

Yet Wilson remained mellow Sunday after returning home from a disappointing trip to Detroit, where the Red Wings took control of their second-round playoff series with a 4-1 victory in Game 5. It was the biggest margin of victory in an otherwise even series.

Though the Red Wings can finish off Wilson's faltering club in Game 6 at the Shark Tank on Monday night, the coach isn't certain what else he can do about his sputtering offense, his awful power play and a club that retreats into a shoddy defensive shell after taking the lead.

He's just hoping his veteran players, outside of do-everything center Joe Thornton, finally take charge against the Red Wings, forcing their teammates to overcome an inexplicable pattern of retreating with a lead.

"It's not by design," Wilson said. "It just seems to have happened. We've got to get our defensemen to be more aggressive. We give up a lot of space in the neutral zone, and the ice tilts. ... We can prevent them from tilting the ice by playing hard for 60 minutes."

Otherwise, San Jose is in danger of getting a reputation as one of those talented NHL clubs that can't replicate a good regular season in the playoffs. Just like the Ottawa Senators - or these Red Wings from their 2002 Stanley Cup win until now.

"Whatever has happened in the past is in the past," captain Patrick Marleau said. "We can't look past (Monday) now. You've got to use whatever you can to get you up for this one, because there's nothing after it."

The Red Wings have a reason for desperation as well. They need to finish off this highly competitive series and clinch their date with the Anaheim Ducks in the Western Conference finals before they completely run out of defensemen.

Mathieu Schneider is out for the postseason after breaking his left wrist during Game 5 on an innocuous hit by Marleau. Brett Lebda won't know until gametime whether he can play on his sprained left ankle. Niklas Kronwall isn't close to returning from his injury.

"Guys are going to get opportunities to step up," defenseman Chris Chelios said. "You can't replace Schneids, the skills level of a defenseman like that, but we'll have to pick up the slack."

That check on Schneider was one of the few things Marleau has done well in the postseason, which is one of the Sharks' biggest problems. Aside from Thornton, most of San Jose's key contributors haven't added much during the last two games.

Still, Detroit coach Mike Babcock isn't sure his team has any real momentum despite winning three of the series' last four games.

"You'd like to think that, but that hasn't been the case in this series," Babcock said. "It's gone back and forth. We know it's going to be tough. The starts haven't been very friendly for us in the series. We have to do a better job of that."

Sure, the Sharks have jumped to an early lead in four of the five games so far. But they've blown that lead three times, including a pair of two-goal margins in Detroit's first two wins. San Jose's forechecking, hard-hitting style ran a talented Nashville club out of the playoffs, but the Sharks haven't played it effectively against Detroit.

"It's in our heads," Sharks forward Milan Michalek said. "We're stopping on the forechecking, and waiting for them to come. We have to play our game and use our big bodies."

Bill Guerin is unlikely to play for the Sharks in Game 6, though he's back with the team sporting a nasty gash under his right nostril from teammate Christian Ehrhoff's deflected shot in Game 4.

He'll undergo a CAT scan on Monday before he can be cleared to return. But the trade-deadline pickup hasn't been much help to San Jose anyway, failing to score a goal in nine postseason games.

"I just come and try to be positive," he said. "I think we'll be all right. We know we can play better. We've got a good team."

If the Sharks still won't listen to their coaching staff's pleas after taking another early lead, Wilson hopes his club can study the Red Wings, who confidently finished off Game 5 after climbing out of an early hole.

"They've learned their lessons over the years about what it takes to get the job done in the playoffs," Wilson said of the Red Wings. "I've been impressed with (Henrik) Zetterberg and (Pavel) Datsyuk. There's things that our guys could pay attention to."

fuck GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom