Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

2/4 Super Bowl XLI Chicago vs Indianapolis

• Thread starter Thread starter Spartacus
  • Start date Start date
its ok. Because Da bEars are going to win. all you colts fans are making our resident bookie a rich man

Nobledude said:
My question was only hypothetically as I was wondering how the spread adjustment works ....Lets say bookmakers decide to change the spread from +6.5/-6.5 to +10/-10 spread....wouldnt this be unfair for those who previously bet on the originally spread?
It depends on how you look at it. I'd suggest that it's not unfair at all. It can be tough, though, as a bookie to see a huge pile-on when you expected even action. As a punter one has to choose to make the bet. One assumes that people bet on odds that they find acceptable.

The spread and odds in the "real world" will shift to reflect betting trends. Any correlation between betting trends and the result of a game is often only wishful thinking.

blut wump said:
There are still many millions of K to come on this event.

If the betting were to stop now then Hung loses K if the Colt win by at least a TD. In a few days time, I expect that he'll be hoping the Colts win by at least a TD.

The betting software does allow for the changing of odds as you describe but that action is reserved for mods. Hung can't change the event once he's created it.

Earlier in the season, he did Jets @ Green Bay as moneyline and Giants @ Bears. There could yet be a moneyline event on the SB.

Heavily uneven betting is the bane of a bookie. It tends to work out in the long haul but it does open up the bookie to alarming wins and losses on a string of good or bad luck.
well put
over the long hual I'll tend to win more "pile-ons" than I lose
but in the short term I can get wiped out
I got wiped out 3 times in the first season until the college bowl season of '05
then Imade some bank on the bowls capped off with a big win on Texas over USC
recently I was holding a decent stash but still could have been wiped out with the large limits
the NFL playoffs have been brutal to the public and the somewhat suprising Florida victory(TD underdog) made me rich in the past 6 weeks

I'm going to see how my total stands after the superbowl and then return half my karma to the pool after I put away in bonds the 1.8 million swole loaned me

I'm also considering doing a moneyline on the superbowl on about friday or saturday
I'm not getting involved with the "side-show" esoteric prop events such as which RB gains the most yards etc.
and I'm not doing a total either
sawastea has a total option up albeit with only a 10,000 limit
but hey 10,000 is 10,000 and that's a lot for many people so if they like to bet the total it's out there

blut wump said:
He can't change the event at all once he's created it. He can't even close it early.

His only creative option is to make another, extra, event.
that's what truly keeps it interesting for me
I have three sites I watch for my lines and one is an overseas site in australia that's a UK site clone
they're about 7 hours ahead and a sophisticated clientale so I get spread moves earlier than the US sites and they are reliable
that is the UK/aussie site doesn't cheat the odds like many US sites,bodog in particular

for the superbowl I saw 6.5 in a couple of places and I doubt it's going to either 5.5 or 7.5 so I put the 6.5 out there early to generate speculation and get the "talk" started early
as you know even numbers suck because noone wins if the final falls on the even number
e.g. if Indy is favored by 7 and wins 28-21,noone wins

still though I won't move a line off an even number unless I see it posted at reputable site

4everhung said:
I have three sites I watch for my lines and one is an overseas site in australia that's a UK site clone
they're about 7 hours ahead and a sophisticated clientale so I get spread moves earlier than the US sites and they are reliable
that is the UK/aussie site doesn't cheat the odds like many US sites,bodog in particular

for the superbowl I saw 6.5 in a couple of places and I doubt it's going to either 5.5 or 7.5 so I put the 6.5 out there early to generate speculation and get the "talk" started early
as you know even numbers suck because noone wins if the final falls on the even number

still though I won't move a line off an even number unless I see it posted at reputable site
Moneyline bet would be interesting I am all for it....get it going bud..
Can you post those Ausie sites?/

I love the bears they are my 2nd favorite team next to the colts but they may see a repeat of the last meeting in 04 where they got smoked 41-10.

4everhung said:

I almost opened an account yesterday but because I have been asked so many damn personal questions I decided to butt out....

Why do you say that BODOG cheats? How do they do it?

Top Bottom