Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

01/04/06 Rose bowl all purpose yards player proposition

• Thread starter Thread starter Spartacus
  • Start date Start date
gjohnson5 said:
That's still not a safe bet regardless... Reggie Bush may get the Willis Mcgahee treatment (meaning he gets hit in the knee and 2 or 3 of the ligaments tear). As you should know , Heisman trohpy winners (in recent history) generally choke after being given the award.
penn state back in the day used to regularly defeat the heisman winner's team in a bowl game
most notably Herschel Walker's bulldogs in '82 for the crown
chas white
other's I'll have to research
heath shuler I think
vinny T perhaps

4everhung said:
penn state back in the day used to regularly defeat the heisman winner's team in a bowl game
most notably Herschel Walker's bulldogs in '82 for the crown
chas white
other's I'll have to research
heath shuler I think
vinny T perhaps

Can't remember if Vinny got the Heismann or not, but he got his ass whooped that day.

redguru said:
Can't remember if Vinny got the Heismann or not, but he got his ass whooped that day.
18. 1986 Vinny Testaverde, QB Miami
Runner-up: Paul Palmer, RB Temple
Testaverde led the 'Canes to the Fiesta Bowl where they lost to Penn State. He lit up number one Oklahoma for four touchdown passes and threw for 2,557 yards, 26 touchdowns and nine interceptions with a 165.8 passer rating. Remember, Heismans are decided before bowl games.

19. 1979 Charles White, RB USC
Runner-up: Billy Sims, RB Oklahoma
The ultimate workhorse, White averaged 194 yards per game, leading USC to the Rose Bowl and a 10-0-1 record.

Jan. 1, 1982 -- Kicking off on New Year's Day for the first time, the Fiesta Bowl is a resounding success with a sellout crowd of 71,053 on hand for a matchup between Penn State and Southern Cal. Penn State slips past USC and Heisman Trophy winner Marcus Allen, 26-10, in a game that recorded a 19.3 rating, still the second highest in Fiesta Bowl history.

I think I'm wrong about charles white
it wasn't a bowl game defeat
might have been just a regular game
in any event in a six year period PSU beat 3 heisman winners and got two crowns

Top Bottom