Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Just eating chicken and tuna diet

shadyss

Quick one...
Could you follow a cutting diet consuming only chicken and tuna as the main protein sources or you definitely have to include red meat in your diet?

Lean poultry and fish are the healthiest protein sources to base your diet on because they are low in saturated fat but it's always best to include a wide variety of different foods in your diet. You get a wide variety of different nutrients and amino acid profiles that way. I would also include some lean red meat and whole eggs into your diet.

Lean red meat and whole eggs are high in zinc, magnesium and cholesterol which are all important precursors for testosterone production.

If you buy grass fed beef, it actually has a perfect 1:1 ratio of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. It's considered a super food. Lean red meat is actually really good for you when eaten in moderation.

grass fed beef once a week is fine for the reasons musky mentioned

during football season I will eat a grassfed burger before the game, that is my red meat for the week and all you need

fatty fish is the most important cause it not only has omega3's but DHA, which is something the body does not get or produce. most americans fail to get fatty fish in their diets, and this is one of the 30 reasons we have a heart health epidemic. but it is a good thing cause at least it means the oceans won't be as overfished :)

processed meats like bacon, sausage, cold cuts are the absolute worst and should be eliminated from your diet. any health benefits they may have are swamped by the negatives, plus they are extremely acidic in the body.

Chicken, tuna & also white fish.

Its completely fine in my opinion, but for the sake of variety I would have it once in a while, if we are not considering some fat red meat

While these are fine sources of clean proteins, I would not limit my diet to just these two. There are plenty of foods that can give you clean proteins, and yet aport additional nutrients that you won't get from chicken or tuna. I would say that it is never a good idea to exclude certain foods or limit your diet to just some foods, since you need to eat different food in order to get all the nutrients your body needs.

You are perfectly fine to make those your main proteins. I would add some eggs in there too though. I would just make sure to get a good fish or krill oil supplement to give you the omega 3's you need.

Top Bottom