Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Which "big three" exercise is your strongest?

What is your strongest lift/press?

• Bench press

Votes: 31 19.9%
  • Dead lift

Votes: 78 50.0%
  • Squat

Votes: 46 29.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness to Ed - he's pretty old now. He still puts up great lifts but time has taken its toll. He's bigger and that helps his squat and bench (and total) but his deadlift I don't think is comparable. In his prime he just had no one to really push him. I don't think that without competition no matter how disciplined someone is, that you really see their best. It's been a while since I saw any recent lifts from him. I did see him about a year or so ago spectating at a strongman competition. I kind of thought he didn't look so healthy - sort of too big for his frame (sacrelidge on a BBing forum - but that's just my taste). BTW - when and where is this contest?

Madcow2 said:
In fairness to Ed - he's pretty old now. He still puts up great lifts but time has taken its toll. He's bigger and that helps his squat and bench (and total) but his deadlift I don't think is comparable. In his prime he just had no one to really push him. I don't think that without competition no matter how disciplined someone is, that you really see their best. It's been a while since I saw any recent lifts from him. I did see him about a year or so ago spectating at a strongman competition. I kind of thought he didn't look so healthy - sort of too big for his frame (sacrelidge on a BBing forum - but that's just my taste). BTW - when and where is this contest?

i agree that head to head is hard since ED is past his prime..
But at least Mash will compete in single ply gear and its up to him to beat ED's old records..

I know some will argue that single ply gear today is not the same as it was back ten (totally true) but at least you can compare from the same federation ..

Ill post it up when it happens im not exactly sure of the date

do you mean in comparison with other peoples lift which is like proportinally best
or which is our highest of the three
I'm voting for highest of the three so I hope that's what you ment
Squat

Squat: 315x5 (Hit this PR today)
Deadlift: 335x5
Bench: 225x5

I don't really like to deadlift. I think my squat will soon surpass my deadlift.

wnt2bBeast said:
i agree that head to head is hard since ED is past his prime..
But at least Mash will compete in single ply gear and its up to him to beat ED's old records..

I know some will argue that single ply gear today is not the same as it was back ten (totally true) but at least you can compare from the same federation ..

Ill post it up when it happens im not exactly sure of the date

Ed mostly lifted in old raggid gear when he competed.

At the Mt. Cup this year Ed beat Mash but almost 100 pounds. Not shabby for the fact how old he is and that he is still arguably one of the top in his class for so many years.

Kc

Bench used to be my favorite. Now I got squats down. Took quite a while while to get it right. I weigh 203 and im squating 200x10x3. I still get the best pump in my arms though :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom